- 3 hrs ago UV Safety Awareness Month: Health Effects Of Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation
- 4 hrs ago 7 Reasons That Tell Why First Year Of Marriage Is The Hardest
- 4 hrs ago 11 Benefits Of Metta Meditation (Loving-Kindness Meditation) And How To Do It
- 5 hrs ago Group B Streptococcus (GBS) Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- News COVID-19: Bengaluru under complete lockdown from 8 pm on July 14 to 5 am on July 22
- Automobiles Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- Sports SAI forms inquiry committee to investigate boxers' alleged quarantine violation at NIS Patiala
- Movies Report: Rekha’s Mumbai Bungalow Sealed After Security Guard Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Technology Vivo TWS Neo Earbuds To Launch Alongside Vivo X50 Series In India
- Finance Avenue Supermarts Reports 88% Fall In Q1 Net Profit Largely Due To COVID-19
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
With Hindustan Unilever (HUL) dropping the word 'Fair' from its decade long beauty product, Fair & Lovely, the glamour industry has reacted positively to the change. It is a wonderful initiative by the brand as it is a step towards ending stereotypes attached to the beauty. Amid the positive change, actress Richa Chadha also embraced the change and she did so with a fashionable spin.
The Gangs of Wasseypur actress was posed on her plush bed with yellow duvets. She wore a dark blue t-shirt that read, 'Not fair But Lovely'. Apparently, she got this printed on her t-shirt back in 2015, which she mentioned in her caption. The caption read, "NOT FAIR BUT LOVELY", I had gotten this printed on a T shirt back in 2015. Yesterday, the brand @fairandlovely_id and I were finally in agreement! 👏🏽💕❤️Yesterday, they dropped the word FAIR from their product name... Before you attack the brand for only paying 'lip service', please remember, it takes many generations for ideas to change. There is demand and hence there is supply...We have been told since we were children, that fairness is the only definition of beauty! It is also another unfortunate byproduct of colonialism and casteism! But it's 2020, and a lot of BS is getting dismantled ! It took me many years of unlearning to gain confidence and start LOVING my complexion! Der aye durust aye, I say. I welcome this decision by the brand... and it's not easy... brands have a thousand meetings before they change even the FONT in their logo... I hope slowly and steadily mindsets change... we must continuously and without any influence of the West, define our own idea of beauty. Beauty must be inclusive! Bravo @fairandlovely_id 👏🏽
Courtesy: Rahul Jhangiani
She teamed her t-shirt with printed floral shorts, which we so loved. Posed against a backdrop of beautiful paintings, Richa Chadha accessorised her look with oval spectacles. She upped her look with light pink lip shade and contoured cheekbones. The side-swept tresses rounded out her avatar. However, Richa has been giving us fashion goals amid lockdown. Her black-hued plunging neckline short dress with feathery gloves upped her look. The makeup for this shoot was accentuated by nude tones and muted pink lip shade. The side-swept long wavy tresses completed her avatar.
We loved Richa Chadha's tee and wished we had it too. So, what do you think about her look? Let us know that.
Cover Picture Courtesy: Richa Chadha's Instagram