- 3 hrs ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 4 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 5 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 6 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Nayanthara Is On A High!
- Sports Big Bout Indian Boxing League: Lapitov’s indiscretion costs Odisha Warriors crucial point against NE Rhinos
- News BJP MP blames Congress for influx of illegal immigrants into Northeast
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Deepika Padukone also graced the Met Gala for the third time and this time, the actress actually nailed the theme, which was Susan Sontag's 1964 essay, 'Notes on "Camp". Deepika wore a Zac Posen gown and exuded grandeur and magnificence. However, not just her gown, it was her makeup and hairdo, which actually elevated her style and made her look 'Campy'.
So, Deepika, who previously had been criticized for her Met Gala avatars, impressed us with her dramatic avatar. She wore a custom metallic pink lurex jacquard gown by the designer. Her gown was accentuated by sharp origami folds and Protolabs embroidery. The theme was about extravagance and exaggeration but it also discarded deliberate attempts. The theme rather talked about naïve endeavors. So, what struck us was that Deepika remained true to her fashion sensibility and it didn't look as if she tried too hard.
Her spiky cuffs, sparkly earrings, and particularly the statement hairband by Lorraine Schwartz added to the Campy effect. However, it was her makeup, which ultimately made her look unnatural. The wine red lip shade, the contoured cheekbones, and the purple-pink eye shadow elevated the surreal avatar. Kudos to the hairstylist, Gabriel Georgiou, who gave this Barbie Girl touch to Deepika's Met Gala 2019 look! The voluminous puffed high pony was so artifice and very innocently completed her look. Deepika was, for sure, Campy enough. Don't you think so too? Feel free to share opinions in the comment section.