- 15 min ago Minal Dakhave Bhosale: The Woman Behind India’s First COVID-19 Test Kit
- 16 min ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri And More
- 45 min ago Can Vitamin C Help Prevent COVID-19?
- 1 hr ago Krystle D’Souza Makes Fashion Statement In Gorgeous Dramatic Gown And It’s A Treat To Our Eyes
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite With Snapdragon 765G, Quad-Cameras Launched
- Movies Prasanth Varma Working On A Film Based On The Novel Coronavirus?
- News Is Kamal Haasan quarantined for Coronavirus?
- Automobiles Three Months Relief From Vehicle Loan EMIs Announced By RBI
- Finance Income Tax Saving Deadline Extended For FY 2019-20 By 3 Months
- Sports Fifty points behind Liverpool & clean sheet woe - Solskjaer's first year as permanent Manchester United boss
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Deepika Padukone also graced the Met Gala for the third time and this time, the actress actually nailed the theme, which was Susan Sontag's 1964 essay, 'Notes on "Camp". Deepika wore a Zac Posen gown and exuded grandeur and magnificence. However, not just her gown, it was her makeup and hairdo, which actually elevated her style and made her look 'Campy'.
So, Deepika, who previously had been criticized for her Met Gala avatars, impressed us with her dramatic avatar. She wore a custom metallic pink lurex jacquard gown by the designer. Her gown was accentuated by sharp origami folds and Protolabs embroidery. The theme was about extravagance and exaggeration but it also discarded deliberate attempts. The theme rather talked about naïve endeavors. So, what struck us was that Deepika remained true to her fashion sensibility and it didn't look as if she tried too hard.
Her spiky cuffs, sparkly earrings, and particularly the statement hairband by Lorraine Schwartz added to the Campy effect. However, it was her makeup, which ultimately made her look unnatural. The wine red lip shade, the contoured cheekbones, and the purple-pink eye shadow elevated the surreal avatar. Kudos to the hairstylist, Gabriel Georgiou, who gave this Barbie Girl touch to Deepika's Met Gala 2019 look! The voluminous puffed high pony was so artifice and very innocently completed her look. Deepika was, for sure, Campy enough. Don't you think so too? Feel free to share opinions in the comment section.