- 4 min ago Maha Shivratri 2020: Know The Date, Timing, Rituals And Significance Of The Festival
- 3 hrs ago Maha Shivratri 2020: Know The Difference Between Jyotirlinga And Shivlinga
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 19 February 2020
- 15 hrs ago Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- News PAN, bank documents do not prove citizenship: HC
- Finance Sensex Surges On Strong Global Cues
- Automobiles Hero Maestro Edge 125 BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,950
- Technology Poco X2 Camera Review: Best Sub-20K Smartphone For Shutterbugs
- Movies Alia Bhatt Finds Her Wedding Rumours With Ranbir Kapoor Very Entertaining!
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain: Haaland brace stuns returning Tuchel
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
2018 has certainly been a year of weddings. From Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Meghan Markle to Priyanka Chopra, a number of leading celebrities got married the previous year. They all looked gorgeous in their own special way and also gave us major wedding goals. Adding to that, they also gave us some interesting wedding trends for 2019. Here are the three major wedding-wear trends.
The Colour Red
Red colour had taken a backseat in the past few years but in 2018, it was this particular colour, which ruled the bridal wear. Red-hued bridal attire was not only worn by Sonam but also by Deepika and Priyanka. In an interview to a leading magazine, Priyanka even revealed that she always wanted a red outfit for her wedding day. Deepika also kept the tradition alive by sporting an intricately embroidered red ensemble. We are pretty sure red is going to be the major colour of this year.
The Long Veils
On Meghan Markle's wedding day, the world was mesmerised with the size of her veil. Meghan's wedding gown was designed by Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy and it was not only adorned with flowers representing Commonwealth countries but it also had a 16-ft long train. Then came Priyanka's wedding later in the year and her Ralph Lauren's gown veil was much longer. It was a 75-ft long tulle veil- the longest veil till date.
The Personalised Wedding Outfits
Deepika Padukone's red-hued wedding outfit featured a personalised Sanskrit Shloka, 'Sada Saubhagyawati Bhava', which translates to may you always be blessed in marriage. Nick Jonas also had a special message for his wife. So, a piece from Priyanka's exquisite gown was attached on Nick's lapel and it had the Urdu words, 'Meri Jaan' embossed on it and the words meant, 'My Life'.
So, if you have to choose, which wedding trend will you choose for your wedding day? Feel free to share opinions in the comment section.