- 1 hr ago India's Maternal Mortality Ratio Drops; Healthcare Initiatives A Boon
- 1 hr ago Homemade Recipes: Try This Healthy Peanut Butter Recipe (3 Flavour Variations)
- 3 hrs ago 6 Common Fatty Liver Myths Busted: Know The Facts Here
- 3 hrs ago 100 UK Firms Commit To Permanent Four-Day Work Weeks, With The Same Pay
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Who is the going to be the first woman referee to take charge in WC? Know here
- Finance Central Bank Digital Currency - All You Need To Know?
- News Explained: Why Maharashtra and Karnataka are in midst of a border dispute?
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda Liger's Remuneration: After Makers, ED Grills Lead Actor In Money Source Case
- Technology Motorola Moto X40 Launch Confirmed: IP68 Protection, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC Tipped
- Automobiles Hyundai Ioniq 5 Launch In 2023 – Bookings To Be Opened On This Date
- Education Sail Recruitment 2022 Application Commences for 259 Consultants and Other Postions.
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
Monsoon is here and you can enjoy continuous rain with spicy snacks and a cup of hot tea and coffee. Are you planning to have a little tea party with friends or want to enjoy monsoon weekend with family members?
Then, here is a simple rice cutlet recipe that you can prepare at home.
Rice cutlet is one of those lip-smacking snacks that can make your rainy day more exotic. Often, you don't get what to do with the left-over rice. With this recipe, you can make the best use of left-over rice.
Also Read: 12 Cutlet Recipes: Evening Snacks
Your kids also would definitely like to grab a bite of this yummy fried rice cutlets, which are any day more healthier than the other fried snack items like chips.
You could serve these cutlets with some chutney to enhance the taste better. So, have a quick look at the recipe to make these yummy rice cutlets.
Serves - 10 cutlets
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
1. Cooked Rice - 1 cup
2. Boiled Potato - 1 large (peeled and mashed)
3. Mixed Vegetables (green beans, capsicum, green onions, red and yellow bell peppers and carrots) - 1 cup (finely chopped)
4. Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - 2 tsp (finely chopped)
6. Green Chilli - 1 (finely chopped)
7. Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
8. Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
9. Salt to taste
10. Turmeric Powder - A pinch
11. Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
12. Coriander Powder - ½ tsp
13. Corn Starch - 1 tbsp
14. Gram Flour (Besan) - 3 tbsp
15. Oil - 3 tbsp (for shallow frying)
Also Read: Kids Favourite: Chocolate Paratha Recipe
1. Take a mixing bowl and put all the ingredients into it, except oil.
2. Mix all ingredients with your hand, so that you can check the texture well.
3. Taste the mixture and if you think you need more spices and salt, you could add them.
4. Be careful that the rice is smashed well.
5. Take a plate and sprinkle flour over it.
6. Now, make small tikkis or patties with the mixture and put those on that plate.
7. Take a skillet and heat the oil.
8. When the oil is medium heat, put the tikkis on the skillet.
9. Fry the tikkis on either side until they turn golden brown in colour.
10. Flip repeatedly until the cutlets become golden and crisp.
11. Take a plate and spread kitchen paper towel on it.
12. Take out the rice cutlets from the skillet and place those on that plate.
13. Your rice cutlets are ready to be served.
You can serve these cutlets hot with sauce or coriander and mint chutneys. Also, here are certain tips to keep in mind while preparing these cutlets:
1. Sprinkling of flour is needed, so that the cutlets don't stick to the plate.
2. You can use sattu (roasted gram flour) instead of besan while making cutlets as well.
3. If you want to make cutlets tastier, shallow fry them in ghee.
4. You can use olive oil if you're health conscious.
- nutritionStop Avoiding Rice, It Is A ‘Good Carb’: Read To Know Why
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Samak Rice (Barnyard Millet): How Is It Different From Regular Rice?
- recipesEasy Dinner Ideas: How To Make Tawa Pulao With Leftover Rice
- recipesPrepare Ghee Rice Recipe At Home With These Simple Steps
- wellness10 Best Healthy Alternatives To Rice You Should Try
- recipesCorn Pulao Recipe: How To Make Corn Pulao
- nutritionDid You Know These Nutrition Facts Of Rice?
- wellnessTop 10 Foods That Can Turn Toxic When Cooked
- skin careHere's How You Can Use Rice Water For Acne Reduction
- recipesAkki Rotti Recipe: Karnataka Style Akki Rotti Recipe
- recipesPalak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- diet fitnessTop 12 Food Combinations To Lose Weight Fast