TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Monsoon is here and you can enjoy continuous rain with spicy snacks and a cup of hot tea and coffee. Are you planning to have a little tea party with friends or want to enjoy monsoon weekend with family members?
Then, here is a simple rice cutlet recipe that you can prepare at home.
Rice cutlet is one of those lip-smacking snacks that can make your rainy day more exotic. Often, you don't get what to do with the left-over rice. With this recipe, you can make the best use of left-over rice.
Also Read: 12 Cutlet Recipes: Evening Snacks
Your kids also would definitely like to grab a bite of this yummy fried rice cutlets, which are any day more healthier than the other fried snack items like chips.
You could serve these cutlets with some chutney to enhance the taste better. So, have a quick look at the recipe to make these yummy rice cutlets.
Serves - 10 cutlets
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
1. Cooked Rice - 1 cup
2. Boiled Potato - 1 large (peeled and mashed)
3. Mixed Vegetables (green beans, capsicum, green onions, red and yellow bell peppers and carrots) - 1 cup (finely chopped)
4. Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - 2 tsp (finely chopped)
6. Green Chilli - 1 (finely chopped)
7. Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
8. Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
9. Salt to taste
10. Turmeric Powder - A pinch
11. Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
12. Coriander Powder - ½ tsp
13. Corn Starch - 1 tbsp
14. Gram Flour (Besan) - 3 tbsp
15. Oil - 3 tbsp (for shallow frying)
Also Read: Kids Favourite: Chocolate Paratha Recipe
1. Take a mixing bowl and put all the ingredients into it, except oil.
2. Mix all ingredients with your hand, so that you can check the texture well.
3. Taste the mixture and if you think you need more spices and salt, you could add them.
4. Be careful that the rice is smashed well.
5. Take a plate and sprinkle flour over it.
6. Now, make small tikkis or patties with the mixture and put those on that plate.
7. Take a skillet and heat the oil.
8. When the oil is medium heat, put the tikkis on the skillet.
9. Fry the tikkis on either side until they turn golden brown in colour.
10. Flip repeatedly until the cutlets become golden and crisp.
11. Take a plate and spread kitchen paper towel on it.
12. Take out the rice cutlets from the skillet and place those on that plate.
13. Your rice cutlets are ready to be served.
You can serve these cutlets hot with sauce or coriander and mint chutneys. Also, here are certain tips to keep in mind while preparing these cutlets:
1. Sprinkling of flour is needed, so that the cutlets don't stick to the plate.
2. You can use sattu (roasted gram flour) instead of besan while making cutlets as well.
3. If you want to make cutlets tastier, shallow fry them in ghee.
4. You can use olive oil if you're health conscious.