- 59 min ago Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- 1 hr ago Happy 74th Independence Day 2020: Ways To Celebrate This Day During This Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago 15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- 3 hrs ago 5 Effective Remedies For Acne On Nose
- Technology OnePlus Nord Next Sale Date Announced; To Be Available Via Amazon Next Week
- News Nation indebted to all frontline healthcare workers fighting against Covid-19: President Kovind
- Movies Asha Negi Dons A Completely New Avatar For Abhay 2!
- Sports WWE SummerSlam 2020: A glimpse at 10 glorious moments from the decade
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Finance Form 26AS: Hotel Bills, Medical Insurance Premium Over Rs. 20000 Etc To Show In Your ITR
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Women, in general, are slight deficient in iron. But when it comes to Indian women, almost 50 percent of them are anaemic. Anaemia is a form of iron deficiency that is actually an epidemic among Indian women.
That is why, iron-rich recipes are very essential for women. Iron-rich recipes specifically include healthy foods such as red meat, green vegetables, legumes and herbs.
Methi or fenugreek is a good source of iron. That is why fenugreek, both its seeds and leaves, are considered medicinal for curing anemia.
In fact, even if you follow standard medicine, patients with low hemoglobin count are usually put on a diet of fenugreek and other vegetables such as spinach and lettuce.
So, today, we have a simple and nutritious rice recipe for you to try. This iron rich tomato methi pulao is laden with nutrients as it combines all the best nutritious elements such as fenugreek, brown rice and tomatoes.
This recipe gets ready in minutes and is a perfect dish for the working people who have no time for lengthy recipes.
Take a look at this recipe of tomato methi pulao and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
All you need
- Tomatoes- 3 (chopped)
- Methi (fenugreek leaves)- 3 cups (chopped)
- Brown rice- 3 cups (cooked)
- Onion paste- 1/4 cup
- Garlic paste- 2tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Jeera (cumin) powder- 1tsp
- Dhaniya (coriander) powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Jeera seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cinnamon- 1 stick
- Cloves- 2-3
- Green cardamoms- 2
- Oil- 2tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and add jeera seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves and saute for a minute.
2. Add green chillies, onion paste, garlic paste and saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then, add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, dhaniya powder and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
4. Now, add the methi leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add salt and mix well. Allow the methi leaves to cook properly.
6. Then add the cooked brown rice and mix gently. Check the seasoning and adjust it accordingly.
7. Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Tasty and healthy iron rich tomato methi pulao is ready to be served. Serve this healthy meal with curd or curry of your choice.
The methi leaves are laden with iron. When cooked with the vitamin C enriched tomatoes, this recipe becomes all the more healthy. It is perfect recipe for weight watchers, diabetics and people with high cholesterol.
To soften the rice grains a little and to reduce the cooking time, brown rice should be soaked prior to cooking. Soak the rice for an hour or two. Drain the water and use as required.