- 16 min ago 20 Home Remedies To Treat Nerve Weakness
- 1 hr ago Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Give Couple Goals As They Play Piano Together In Coordinated Outfits
- 1 hr ago Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) For Instant Energy, Belly Fat And Respiratory Ailments
- 2 hrs ago 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq: Kareena Kapoor's Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film!
- Sports Huge motivation: Bala Devi hails India's announcement as hosts of AFC Women's Asian Cup 2022
- Automobiles Hero Passion XPro Modified Into A Dirt Bike: Read More To Find Out
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi 8 Gets Yet Another Price Hike In India: All You Need To Know
- Finance Indian Investors To Lap Up Dividend Stocks, Assets As Real Rates Turn Negative: Jefferies
- News 10 Sikh pilgrims among 29 killed as train rams bus in Pakistan
- Movies Bhanumathi And Ramakrishna Review: Rom-Com Receives Positive Response From Critics
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Raw mango is in season. The king of fruits can be enjoyed in many forms such as pickles, salads, curries and pulavs. This afternoon, we love to share with you a simple raw mango rice recipe you can prepare in just about 18 minutes or so.
This mango rice recipe is tangy and a little sour to taste. Not many enjoy this delicious treat, but once in a way it is nice to have something tangy on our plate. In most homes, this raw mango rice is considered to be an exotic dish since mango is a seasonal fruit.
To prepare this simple green mango rice recipe, take a look at our recipe. Keep in mind that you should not use too much of raw mango as it sour to taste and one might end up with a soar throat.
Serves : 3
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 1 ½ cup (boiled or pressure cooked)
- Raw Mango - 1 ( grated)
- Ground Nuts - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - handful
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 2 nos
- Water - ½ cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - chopped
- Add oil to a round vessel. When hot add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, dry chilli and temper it well over a low flame.
- Add the ground nuts to the vessel and fry it with the ingredients on a medium flame.
- Now add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, salt and fry well.
- When the ingredients are slightly cooked, add the grated mango slices to the vessel. Fry these ingredients well over a low flame and add two tablespoon of water.
- After 7 minutes, stir the ingredients and add the cooked white rice to the vessel. Mix the rice well with the ingredients and cover with a lid.
- When done, sprinkle the lemon juice over the rice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Here are 14 health benefits of raw mango. Take a look at how beneficial the king of fruits actually is.
You can also grind the ingredients to paste or powder and then add it to the cooked rice.