- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Raw mango is in season. The king of fruits can be enjoyed in many forms such as pickles, salads, curries and pulavs. This afternoon, we love to share with you a simple raw mango rice recipe you can prepare in just about 18 minutes or so.
This mango rice recipe is tangy and a little sour to taste. Not many enjoy this delicious treat, but once in a way it is nice to have something tangy on our plate. In most homes, this raw mango rice is considered to be an exotic dish since mango is a seasonal fruit.
To prepare this simple green mango rice recipe, take a look at our recipe. Keep in mind that you should not use too much of raw mango as it sour to taste and one might end up with a soar throat.
Serves : 3
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 1 ½ cup (boiled or pressure cooked)
- Raw Mango - 1 ( grated)
- Ground Nuts - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - handful
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 2 nos
- Water - ½ cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - chopped
- Add oil to a round vessel. When hot add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, dry chilli and temper it well over a low flame.
- Add the ground nuts to the vessel and fry it with the ingredients on a medium flame.
- Now add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, salt and fry well.
- When the ingredients are slightly cooked, add the grated mango slices to the vessel. Fry these ingredients well over a low flame and add two tablespoon of water.
- After 7 minutes, stir the ingredients and add the cooked white rice to the vessel. Mix the rice well with the ingredients and cover with a lid.
- When done, sprinkle the lemon juice over the rice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Here are 14 health benefits of raw mango. Take a look at how beneficial the king of fruits actually is.
You can also grind the ingredients to paste or powder and then add it to the cooked rice.