- 16 hrs ago 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- 17 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us To Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- 21 hrs ago New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- 22 hrs ago Apollo Hospitals Announces Free COVID Vaccinations For Children With Co-Morbidities
- Sports Shoaib Akhtar clarifies after walking out of TV show
- Finance SBI Shares Hit Record High; Stock Still A Buy For Short Term Gains
- News JoSAA to declare Counselling 2021 Round 1 seat allotment result today
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee Says He Has Always Looked Up To Rajinikanth; 'He Treats Everyone With A Lot Of Humility'
- Technology Oppo Reno7 Series With OLED Display, 5G Support Certified; Oppo Fold Also Tipped
- Education JKBOSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021: Check JKBOSE Class 12 Board Exam Date Sheet For WZ Jammu And Kashmir Division
- Automobiles Here Is An Interesting Comparison: MG Hector Vs Mahindra XUV700
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Diwali is all about munching on some great vegetarian dishes and celebrating it with friends. You will be having a lot of family members and friends over this Diwali. So make sure that you treat them with the best food, without spending too much time in kitchen. So lets try something new this year.Unlike the usual masala dal khichdi that you prepare, the Spicy masala khichdi would definitely woo your family and friends because it has a lot of special ingredients added to it in the right ratio. Prepared using different dals, like moong dal, toor dal and chawal, spicy masala dal khichdi recipe is a must try this Diwali.
Let us see how to prepare the Spicy dal masala khichdi recipe for lunch this Diwali.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All you need
Basmati Rice- 1 cup
Moong Dal- 2½ tbsp
Toor Dal- 2½ tbsp
Onion- 1 (chopped)
Ginger and garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1tbsp
Dry red chillies- 3 (broken into halves)
Black peppercorn- 4
Raw peanuts- 2 tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
Water- 2½ cups
Salt- as per taste
1. Wash rice, moong dal and toor dal thoroughly. Soak them in water for 30 minutes, and keep aside. Take a pressure cooker and pour ghee into it. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds till it crackles.
2. Add ginger and garlic paste into the cooker. Saute for a minute. Add cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorn, peanuts and dry red chillies into the cooker. Saute them for another 2 minutes.
3. Once you saute it well, add the chopped onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
4. Add the soaked moong dal, toor dal and rice into the cooker and mix it well.
5. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to it.
6. Pour 2½ cups of water and close the cooker with a lid.
7. Keep the cooker on medium flame. Pressure cook this till you hear 3-4 whistles. This will take approx 8-10 minutes.
8. Keep the cooker closed till its pressure is released. Once it is released, open the cooker and serve your delicious and spicy masala dal khichdi to your loved ones.
Garnish the spicy masala dal khichdi with cashew nuts or raisins to increases the taste and flavour.
Dal is rich in antioxidants which helps in prevention of fatal diseases like breast cancer and is also rich in proteins. Pulses are a great source of proteins too.
Rice is a rich source of fiber. It helps you in doing day to day activities with more energy and ease.
When you saute the onions in the cooker, you can add 2 pinches of salt as the onions will turn golden brown faster.
Once the spicy masala dal khichdi is cooked and is inside the pressure cooker, you can take the pressure cooker under a tap and keep it under running water for at least 5 seconds. This helps in opening the cooker faster.