If you are a working woman and want to prepare a tasty dish in the morning within minutes, then sweet corn fried rice is the best dish that suits you. Due to its sweet taste, kids would love to eat it. One of the health benefits of sweet corn is, it is rich in carbohydrates and also prevents cancer.
Sweet corn fried rice tastes so good that you will definelty have it for your breakfast, lunch and dinner too. In the recipe that we are preparing today, potatoes and onions are also added to give it an awesome taste.
You can serve sauce or raitha as a side dish for sweet corn rice. This is just an option, as this rice recipe tastes good even without a side dish.
As this recipe is easy and less time-consuming, you can prepare this recipe, when you invite guests to your home.
So, let's take a look at how to prepare special sweet corn rice recipe.
Serves - 4
Preperation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
- Basumathi Rice - 250 gms ( soaked for half an hour)
- Sweet Corn - 2 cup
- Onions - 1 cup
- Capsicum - 1 cup
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1/4 tsp
- Potatoes - 1 cup
- Green Chilli- 4 to 5
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- To fry the finely chopped onions, take a pan and add oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onions and fry them until it turns reddish-brown.
- Keep the onions aside.
- Now, take a cooker and add the soaked rice, potatoes and then add the sweet corn. Add a little oil and then add water accordingly. And close the lid of the cooker.
- Wait for three whistles.
- In another pan, add oil then add cumin seeds, onions, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, garam masala and green chillies.
- Saute it well.
- After three whistles, allow the cooker to cool down.
- Open the lid of the cooker and mix the rice with the spices.
- Add salt and saute it well.
- Now, for the toppings, add onions on the sweet corn rice recipe.
- Serve the hot and yummy special sweet corn rice recipe..
- Do try this recipe and let us know your feedback.