- 4 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 6 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 7 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- 9 hrs ago Sun Transit In Leo 2020: In What Ways It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- News AP CM Jaganmohan Reddy hopes Centre would grant Special Category Status to State in future
- Sports Klopp named Premier League Manager of the Season
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Koena Mitra On Freedom Of Women In India: We Are Born Free, But Some Need Reminders
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
When we say 'garlic rice' you are probably imaging a spicy oriental fried rice. But the garlic rice that we are making today is actually an Indian rice recipe. You could also say that it is a type of pulao recipe. Garlic rice is made with the combination of mashed garlic pods and basmati rice. The dominating flavour of this Indian rice is recipe is obviously garlic.
You can add your favourite vegetables to garlic rice as long as it does not affect the original flavour. If you add a lot chopped vegetables like carrots, beet, beans and peas, this actually becomes vegetarian pulao recipe. But garlic rice can also be made without any vegetables.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Garlic pods- 20 (crushed)
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Green chillies- 4 (slit)
- Dry red chillies- 3
- Coriander seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Fennel seeds or Saunf- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts- 10 (chopped)
- Peanuts- 10
- Ghee- 2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Make paste by grinding dry red chillies, cumin and coriander seeds. Add a little water to form a thick paste.
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. When it gets warm, fry the cashew and peanuts in the cooker for 1 minute.
- Strain the fried nuts and keep them aside.
- Now season the ghee with saunf, bay leaf and the slit green chillies.
- After a minute add the paste you prepared to the cooker. Mix it up with the seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Add crushed garlic to the cooker and mix it up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Now pour the rice into the cooker and mix it up with the masala. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
Garnish the garlic rice with fried cashew and peanuts. Serve it with hot and spicy curries.