- 28 min ago Penumbral Eclipse 2020: Date And Time Of The Last Lunar Eclipse Of The Year
- 1 hr ago Here Are The Lyrics Of Gayatri Mantra Along With The Meaning
- 1 hr ago Here’s The Lyrics Of Goddess Lakshmi’s Aarti
- 5 hrs ago On Esha Gupta’s Birthday, A Look At Her Best Beauty Moments From Her Instagram Feed
- Sports India vs Australia: Something definitely has to be done about it: Adam Zampa on slow over-rates
- News ITR Filing: Important date to keep in mind
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Jasmin Bhasin's Mother Reacts To Her Differences With Rubina Dilaik: I Am Very Disappointed
- Finance Gold Fell But Copper Prices Hit 7-Year High On Positive Demand Outlook
- Education HP SET Answer Key 2020 Released, Raise Objections Before December 14
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
- Technology Redmi 9A Gets Price Hike In India: New Price, Specifications
- Automobiles KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
When we say 'garlic rice' you are probably imaging a spicy oriental fried rice. But the garlic rice that we are making today is actually an Indian rice recipe. You could also say that it is a type of pulao recipe. Garlic rice is made with the combination of mashed garlic pods and basmati rice. The dominating flavour of this Indian rice is recipe is obviously garlic.
You can add your favourite vegetables to garlic rice as long as it does not affect the original flavour. If you add a lot chopped vegetables like carrots, beet, beans and peas, this actually becomes vegetarian pulao recipe. But garlic rice can also be made without any vegetables.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Garlic pods- 20 (crushed)
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Green chillies- 4 (slit)
- Dry red chillies- 3
- Coriander seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Fennel seeds or Saunf- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts- 10 (chopped)
- Peanuts- 10
- Ghee- 2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Make paste by grinding dry red chillies, cumin and coriander seeds. Add a little water to form a thick paste.
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. When it gets warm, fry the cashew and peanuts in the cooker for 1 minute.
- Strain the fried nuts and keep them aside.
- Now season the ghee with saunf, bay leaf and the slit green chillies.
- After a minute add the paste you prepared to the cooker. Mix it up with the seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Add crushed garlic to the cooker and mix it up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Now pour the rice into the cooker and mix it up with the masala. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
Garnish the garlic rice with fried cashew and peanuts. Serve it with hot and spicy curries.