- 9 hrs ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- 15 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: 5 Grooming Products To Gift Your Dad And Show Him That You Care
- 16 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- 1 day ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Sports Euro 2020: Switzerland 3-1 Turkey: Shaqiri double boosts last-16 chances
- Movies Kartik Aaryan’s Action Avatar In This Video Leaves Our Jaws Dropped!
- News Free vaccines for all 18+ from Monday: All you need to know
- Finance Bitcoin And Other Altcoins Tumble Again Over Weekend: Here's The Reason
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G Flipkart Page Live Ahead Of Launch; Here's The Expected Price
- Automobiles Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
When we say 'garlic rice' you are probably imaging a spicy oriental fried rice. But the garlic rice that we are making today is actually an Indian rice recipe. You could also say that it is a type of pulao recipe. Garlic rice is made with the combination of mashed garlic pods and basmati rice. The dominating flavour of this Indian rice is recipe is obviously garlic.
You can add your favourite vegetables to garlic rice as long as it does not affect the original flavour. If you add a lot chopped vegetables like carrots, beet, beans and peas, this actually becomes vegetarian pulao recipe. But garlic rice can also be made without any vegetables.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Garlic pods- 20 (crushed)
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Green chillies- 4 (slit)
- Dry red chillies- 3
- Coriander seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Fennel seeds or Saunf- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts- 10 (chopped)
- Peanuts- 10
- Ghee- 2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Make paste by grinding dry red chillies, cumin and coriander seeds. Add a little water to form a thick paste.
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. When it gets warm, fry the cashew and peanuts in the cooker for 1 minute.
- Strain the fried nuts and keep them aside.
- Now season the ghee with saunf, bay leaf and the slit green chillies.
- After a minute add the paste you prepared to the cooker. Mix it up with the seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Add crushed garlic to the cooker and mix it up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Now pour the rice into the cooker and mix it up with the masala. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
Garnish the garlic rice with fried cashew and peanuts. Serve it with hot and spicy curries.