- 10 min ago On 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq, Kareena Kapoor’s Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film
- 40 min ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- 1 hr ago Instagram Hair Expert, Olivia Smalley Has The Perfect Hacks To Add Instant Volume To Thin Hair
- 3 hrs ago Penumbral Lunar Eclipse 2020: Here’s The Date, Time And Where To Watch Thunder Moon Eclipse
- Finance Rupee Closes At Its Highest Level In 3 Months; Nears 74.50 Per US Dollar
- Technology Alleged Oppo A92 5G Spotted On TENAA: Expected Specification & More
- Movies Taapsee Pannu After An Hour-Long Meeting Figured Out The Rs 36,000 Power Bill Was Accurate
- News It's time for Instagram, PM Modi posts Ladakh pictures
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Sports Don't compare me to Virat Kohli, but compare me to Pakistan legends: Babar Azam
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Parathas are one of the most common breakfast recipes. This staple bread from the Indian cuisine is wholesome and quite filling. Parathas are teamed up with Indian curry or with curd, chutney or pickle. An Indian meal is incomplete without a paratha.
However, when we think of paratha, we miss our mom's for their plain as well as stuffed parathas. Also known as Indian bread, parathas are very popular and are healthy too because they are made with whole wheat flour. In most of the north Indian houses, you will find a plate full of ghee spread parathas on the dining table. Apart from making plain parathas, you can stuff them and enjoy a tasty and filling breakfast. Lets take a look at the recipe to prepare onion and cheese paratha.
Onion and cheese paratha recipe with peppers:
Serves: 8-10 parathas
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Gehun ka atta/ Wheat flour- 2 cups
- Maida/ All purpose flour- 1tsp
- Onions- 3 (finely chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Cheese- ½ cup (grated)
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 2 cups
- Heat 1tsp oil in a frying pan and saute the onions for about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour and all purpose flour. Sprinkle little salt, black pepper powder and pour 1tbsp ghee. Now add the sauted onions and grated cheese to it.
- Mix and make a dough with lukewarm water. Knead until the dough becomes soft (ideally 10-15 minutes). Keep it aside for few minutes.
- Now heat a griddle (tawa). Take the dough and make small round balls. Roll each ball into a paratha and prick with a fork after it is done. Be gentle or else you might tear the rolled paratha with your fork.
- Cook the rolled paratha on the tawa using ghee. Cook on both the sides until they turn golden brown.
Onion and cheese paratha with peppers are ready. Serve it hot with curd or tomato sauce. You can even have these crisp parathas with mango pickle or with a cup of tea.