- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Parathas are one of the most common breakfast recipes. This staple bread from the Indian cuisine is wholesome and quite filling. Parathas are teamed up with Indian curry or with curd, chutney or pickle. An Indian meal is incomplete without a paratha.
However, when we think of paratha, we miss our mom's for their plain as well as stuffed parathas. Also known as Indian bread, parathas are very popular and are healthy too because they are made with whole wheat flour. In most of the north Indian houses, you will find a plate full of ghee spread parathas on the dining table. Apart from making plain parathas, you can stuff them and enjoy a tasty and filling breakfast. Lets take a look at the recipe to prepare onion and cheese paratha.
Onion and cheese paratha recipe with peppers:
Serves: 8-10 parathas
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Gehun ka atta/ Wheat flour- 2 cups
- Maida/ All purpose flour- 1tsp
- Onions- 3 (finely chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Cheese- ½ cup (grated)
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 2 cups
- Heat 1tsp oil in a frying pan and saute the onions for about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour and all purpose flour. Sprinkle little salt, black pepper powder and pour 1tbsp ghee. Now add the sauted onions and grated cheese to it.
- Mix and make a dough with lukewarm water. Knead until the dough becomes soft (ideally 10-15 minutes). Keep it aside for few minutes.
- Now heat a griddle (tawa). Take the dough and make small round balls. Roll each ball into a paratha and prick with a fork after it is done. Be gentle or else you might tear the rolled paratha with your fork.
- Cook the rolled paratha on the tawa using ghee. Cook on both the sides until they turn golden brown.
Onion and cheese paratha with peppers are ready. Serve it hot with curd or tomato sauce. You can even have these crisp parathas with mango pickle or with a cup of tea.