Indians love to have a wholesome breakfast with puri and parathas. But paratha recipes are usually high on calories. Paratha are fried with oil or ghee traditionally. However, nowadays people have become very health conscious. That is why; they choose to go for a healthy breakfast. So we have this baked methi paratha recipe today to satisfy the Indian taste buds with a healthy meal.
Unlike the usual paratha recipes, baked methi paratha is not fried. As the name suggests, it is a baked or roasted dish. This low fat recipe also uses corn flour instead of flour to reduce the intake of carbohydrates. Methi or fenugreek leaves are healthy anyway. So baked methi paratha is the recipe for a complete and low calorie breakfast.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Corn flour- 1 cup
- Gram flour- ½ cup
- Methi or fenugreek leaves- 1 cup
- Ajwain or carom seeds- 1 pinch
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Jeera powder- ½ tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped finely)
- Oil- 1tsp
- Knead a dough with corn flour and flour.
- You will need about 6 tbsp ofwater.Flour adds some density to the dough.
- Now add the fenugreek leaves, turmeric, ajwain and salt to the dough.
- Knead a little to mix up the dough consistently.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan and add the green chillies to it.
- Also sprinkle jeera powder over the chillies and sauté for half a second.
- Pour this jeera chilli mixture over the dough and mix it up with the dough.
- Make fist sized balls out of the dough and roll them out into parathas.
- Heat a flat pan on the flame.
- Roast the parathas without oil or ghee.
- It takes about 1 minute to roast each paratha.
- The parathas are flavourful as you have added sautéed chillies andcumin powder.
- Enjoy baked methi parathas with pickles and curds.
- Top Workout Recipes | Best Healthy Recipes | Summer Workout Recipes
- Top Mom Approved Recipes| Mothers’ Day Special Recipes
- Top Energy Boosting Smoothie Recipes | Morning Smoothie Recipes | Work-out Smoothie Recipes
- Top Lunch Recipes | Easy Lunch Recipes | Best Lunch Recipes
- What To Have During Periods | Top Recipes For Periods
- Bitter Gourd Juice Recipe For Diabetes | Weight-loss Juice Recipe