- 7 min ago Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) For Instant Energy, Belly Fat And Respiratory Ailments
- 37 min ago On 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq, Kareena Kapoor’s Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film
- 1 hr ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- 2 hrs ago Instagram Hair Expert, Olivia Smalley Has The Perfect Hacks To Add Instant Volume To Thin Hair
- Movies From Nach Baliye To Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Late Choreographer Saroj Khan Judged These Reality Shows
- Finance Rupee Closes At Its Highest Level In 3 Months; Nears 74.50 Per US Dollar
- News Scheduled international flights suspended till July 31, some on selected routes may be allowed
- Technology Alleged Oppo A92 5G Spotted On TENAA: Expected Specification & More
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Sports Don't compare me to Virat Kohli, but compare me to Pakistan legends: Babar Azam
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Kulcha is a popular type of Indian bread that is very widely prepared in the northern states of India. You might have tried the plain kulcha with rich gravies that are not just spicy, but utterly delicious. There are many types of kulcha that you can try at home.
Stuffed kulcha for example is filling and delicious too. If you are running out of time to prepare some gravies, you can make up with the stuffed kulchas. Aloo stuffed kulchas are delicious and is no where similar to the aloo parantha. Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha is very popular as it has the flavour and aroma of spices. If you want to try the Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha for breakfast, try the recipe.
Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha recipe for breakfast:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Maida- 2 cups
- Curd- 2-3 tbsp
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Carom seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Potatoes- 4-5 (boiled)
- Green chilli- 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Dry mango powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Knead a dough with kulcha ingredients. Use curd as per required so that the dough doesn't become watery or sticky.
- Use lukewarm water to knead the soft kulcha dough.
- When the dough is sieved, cover with a clean damp cloth and leave for 3-4 hours. The curd will make the dough fluffy and soft.
- Meanwhile, peel the boiled potatoes and mash them in a bowl. Add green chillies, garam masala, ginger, dry mango powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well to make the stuffing.
- Now add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Taste to check if salt is in proper amount or not. Do the needful.
- Now, punch and sieve the dough to use it. Roll into a thick roti and then add the stuffing. Cover the disc and then gently roll into a kulcha with a roller. Use dry maida to roll it nicely.
- Heat a tawa (iron griddle) over a high flame. Once the tawa is hot, place the stuffed kulcha and roast till it becomes light brown. Flip and roast on the other side.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter and stuffing.
The Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha is ready to eat. Garnish with white sesame seeds. Serve it hot with Indian curry.