- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Kulcha is a popular type of Indian bread that is very widely prepared in the northern states of India. You might have tried the plain kulcha with rich gravies that are not just spicy, but utterly delicious. There are many types of kulcha that you can try at home.
Stuffed kulcha for example is filling and delicious too. If you are running out of time to prepare some gravies, you can make up with the stuffed kulchas. Aloo stuffed kulchas are delicious and is no where similar to the aloo parantha. Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha is very popular as it has the flavour and aroma of spices. If you want to try the Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha for breakfast, try the recipe.
Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha recipe for breakfast:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Maida- 2 cups
- Curd- 2-3 tbsp
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Carom seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Potatoes- 4-5 (boiled)
- Green chilli- 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Dry mango powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Knead a dough with kulcha ingredients. Use curd as per required so that the dough doesn't become watery or sticky.
- Use lukewarm water to knead the soft kulcha dough.
- When the dough is sieved, cover with a clean damp cloth and leave for 3-4 hours. The curd will make the dough fluffy and soft.
- Meanwhile, peel the boiled potatoes and mash them in a bowl. Add green chillies, garam masala, ginger, dry mango powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well to make the stuffing.
- Now add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Taste to check if salt is in proper amount or not. Do the needful.
- Now, punch and sieve the dough to use it. Roll into a thick roti and then add the stuffing. Cover the disc and then gently roll into a kulcha with a roller. Use dry maida to roll it nicely.
- Heat a tawa (iron griddle) over a high flame. Once the tawa is hot, place the stuffed kulcha and roast till it becomes light brown. Flip and roast on the other side.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter and stuffing.
The Amritsari stuffed aloo kulcha is ready to eat. Garnish with white sesame seeds. Serve it hot with Indian curry.