- 4 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 6 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 7 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- 9 hrs ago Sun Transit In Leo 2020: In What Ways It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- News AP CM Jaganmohan Reddy hopes Centre would grant Special Category Status to State in future
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Koena Mitra On Freedom Of Women In India: We Are Born Free, But Some Need Reminders
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Sports England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: ICC speaks to umpire Richard Kettleborough for wearing smartwatch
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
Planning to switch to a healthier version for lunch today. This simple and quick to prepare curd rice recipe is the one you can smoothly opt for. With all the ingredients at an easy access in the kitchen, this is a sure shot recipe to lay your hands on.
This recipe of curd rice is packed with the best nutrients more than one can ask for. Less oil, healthy and tastier! Imagine an all-in-one lunch recipe just a few steps away. even your little one is sure to shout yummy!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
This Simple Curd Rice Recipe Requires:
Curds (set dahi) - ½ cup
Milk - ½ cup
Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cups
Onions (chopped) - 1 small
Curry leaves - a handful
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Whole jeera seeds - ½ tsp
Chana dal/ urad dal - ½ tsp
Jeera powder - ½ tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Broken red chillies - 2
Green chillies (slit into two halves) - 2
Ginger (finely chopped) - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Pomegranate - a handful
1. For seasoning: Heat a thick-bottomed vessel. Put curry leaves in it. When dry, put some oil and fry the curry leaves to prevent spluttering of the oil.
2. Add mustard seeds, red chillies, jeera seeds, chana/urad dal, ginger and green chillies and fry for a minute. Add onions and saute them till they turn translucent. Keep this seasoning aside.
3. Wash and boil rice in a cooker. Give two whistles. Make sure it is slightly overcooked. Add salt and allow it to cool. Add enough milk and check the consistency. Do not make it run thin.
4. Beat curds till smooth. Pour the curds over the rice and mix.
5. Add the seasoning to the rice. Mix well. Garnish with pomegranate and coriander leaves. Sprinkle jeera powder. Your yummy curd rice is ready to be served.
Nutrition Value: Curds work wonders for your health as it is loaded with oodles of proteins and vitamins. The dash of pomegranate seeds will pep up your energy levels with its multivitamins. Overall, a wholesome nutritious diet you must indulge in.
Tip: Green Grapes can also be added to bring in more taste to this irresistible dish.