- 9 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 10 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 10 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
As we know that Pongal is a harvest festival in India, the festival marks the overall prosperity and wellness of the people. The important part of the festival is the sugarcane. This year the festival will start on 15 January and end on 18 January.
Boldsky has come up with a mouth-watering special sugarcane kheer recipe that you can prepare for Makar Sankranti. Sugarcane has a lot of health benefits. People suffering from jaundice are usually advised to consume sugarcane juice for a speedy recovery. Sugarcane is high in proteins, calcium, potassium and iron content.
Sugarcane juice also helps you in curing several infections and continuous drinking of the juice can gradually dissolve the kidney stones.
So, let us start preparing this unique kheer, also known as the sugarcane kheer. Have a look at the recipe:
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
- Sugarcane juice - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 3 to 4
- Raisins - 2 teaspoons
- Cashew - 8 to 10 (chopped)
- Almonds - 8 to 10 (sliced)
- Take a round bowl, add milk and then add rice. Add a little water and cover it with a plate.
- When the rice gets softened, add the sugarcane juice.
- Keep stirring. Cook this in low flame.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Let the rice cook until it becomes soft.
- In another pan, add ghee, after it has heated, add raisins, cardamom, almonds and cashews.
- Add these to the rice pan. Let it cook well.
- Serve it hot.
This is the best recipe that you can try for this Pongal festival. Try the recipe and let us know your feedback.