- 6 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 6 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 7 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs RR: Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni doesn't want anyone to say he's unfit
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
As we know that Pongal is a harvest festival in India, the festival marks the overall prosperity and wellness of the people. The important part of the festival is the sugarcane. This year the festival will start on 14 January and end on 17 January.
Boldsky has come up with a mouth-watering special sugarcane kheer recipe that you can prepare for Makar Sankranti. Sugarcane has a lot of health benefits. People suffering from jaundice are usually advised to consume sugarcane juice for a speedy recovery. Sugarcane is high in proteins, calcium, potassium and iron content.
Sugarcane juice also helps you in curing several infections and continuous drinking of the juice can gradually dissolve the kidney stones.
So, let us start preparing this unique kheer, also known as the sugarcane kheer. Have a look at the recipe:
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
- Sugarcane juice - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 3 to 4
- Raisins - 2 teaspoons
- Cashew - 8 to 10 (chopped)
- Almonds - 8 to 10 (sliced)
- Take a round bowl, add milk and then add rice. Add a little water and cover it with a plate.
- When the rice gets softened, add the sugarcane juice.
- Keep stirring. Cook this in low flame.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Let the rice cook until it becomes soft.
- In another pan, add ghee, after it has heated, add raisins, cardamom, almonds and cashews.
- Add these to the rice pan. Let it cook well.
- Serve it hot.
This is the best recipe that you can try for this Pongal festival. Try the recipe and let us know your feedback.