- 3 hrs ago 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- 10 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 10 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 11 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- Technology Week 49, 2019 Launch Roundup: Vivo iQOO Neo, Motorola One Hyper, Nokia 2.3, Vivo Y9s And More
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s 26 Year Old Sister Syama Tamshi Siddiqui Passes Away
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
As we know that Pongal is a harvest festival in India, the festival marks the overall prosperity and wellness of the people. The important part of the festival is the sugarcane.
So, today at Boldsky, we shall share a special sugarcane kheer recipe that you can prepare for Sankranti. Sugarcane has a lot of health benefits. People suffering from jaundice are usually adviced to consume sugarcare juice for a speedy recovery. Sugarcane is high in proteins, calcium, potassium and iron content.
Sugarcane juice also helps you in curing several infections and continuous drinking of the juice can gradually dissolve the kidney stones.
So, let us start preparing this unique kheer, also known as the sugarcane kheer. Have a look at the recipe:
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
- Sugarcane juice - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 3 to 4
- Raisins - 2 teaspoons
- Cashew - 8 to 10 (chopped)
- Almonds - 8 to 10 (sliced)
- Take a round bowl, add milk and then add rice. Add a little water and cover it with a plate.
- When the rice gets softened, add the sugarcane juice.
- Keep stirring. Cook this in low flame.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Let the rice cook until it becomes soft.
- In another pan, add ghee, after it has heated, add raisins, cardomom, almonds and cashews.
- Add these to the rice pan. Let it cook well.
- Serve it hot.
This is the best recipe that you can try for this Pongal festival. Try the recipe and let us know your feedback.