TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Election Updates: After 24 Years, Mulayam, Mayawati To Share Dais In UP's Mainpuri
- Loyalty matters most, says Kohli
- Tata Nexon Hybrid Or Tata Nexon EV? — Oh Blur! We’re confused!
- Katrina Called Up Varun Before Exiting From Street Dancer!
- How To View Saved Passwords On Chrome For Android?
- Gold Prices in India Stands Still Amidst Muted Demand
- Tara Sutaria Wows In Printed Separates
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Sabudana Kheer is firstly an oil free recipe we can all enjoy on World Heart Day. Over and above that it is an great Navratri fast recipe too. As the nine day long celebrations for Navratri have begun so have the pious started their 9 day long fast. It is important to keep your self healthy while you fast which is why this oil free recipe is coming just on the right occasion.
Sabudana Kheer is also an interesting Indian dessert recipe. If you have a sweet tooth that gives you craving for that elusive 'something sweet' when you are on a your ritual Navratri fast then this will be your saving grace. This Navrati fast recipe can also be fed to kids and old people because it is relatively easy to digest. Other than that it is also an oil free recipe good for your health even when you are not fasting. You can try it as a supplement of the normal kheer you make at home.
Ingredients For Sabudana Kheer:
1. Sabudana or Sago 1 cup
2. Milk 2 cups
3. Jaggery or sugar ' cup
4. Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
5. Raisins 10
6. Almonds 10
7. Cashew 10
8. Margarine 1 tablespoon
9. Kesar or saffron 1 pinch
Procedure For Sabudana Kheer:
- Use small sized sabudana or sago for preparing this dessert. You need to soak for maximum an hour for it to soften. This will quicken your cooking process. You can also use the bigger sago balls but it is not preferred.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan and let it come to bubbling before you add the sugar or jaggery. Jaggery is healthier so use it if you find it. You need to melt jaggery in a pan with little water to form a thick brown solution. You can do this while the milk boils.
- Add this to the milk and let it boil for 2 minutes. Then add the sabudana and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the margarine on low flame; add cinnamon powder and the dry fruits to it for tempering. Heat it for a minutes and pout it over the boiling liquid.
- Add a pinch of saffron for garnishing and scent. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before you serve.
Sabudana kheer can be had with fruits at the end of a meal.