- 15 min ago Daily Horoscope: 19 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 13 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Sabudana Kheer is firstly an oil free recipe we can all enjoy on World Heart Day. Over and above that it is an great Navratri fast recipe too. As the nine day long celebrations for Navratri have begun so have the pious started their 9 day long fast. It is important to keep your self healthy while you fast which is why this oil free recipe is coming just on the right occasion.
Sabudana Kheer is also an interesting Indian dessert recipe. If you have a sweet tooth that gives you craving for that elusive 'something sweet' when you are on a your ritual Navratri fast then this will be your saving grace. This Navrati fast recipe can also be fed to kids and old people because it is relatively easy to digest. Other than that it is also an oil free recipe good for your health even when you are not fasting. You can try it as a supplement of the normal kheer you make at home.
Ingredients For Sabudana Kheer:
1. Sabudana or Sago 1 cup
2. Milk 2 cups
3. Jaggery or sugar ' cup
4. Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
5. Raisins 10
6. Almonds 10
7. Cashew 10
8. Margarine 1 tablespoon
9. Kesar or saffron 1 pinch
Procedure For Sabudana Kheer:
- Use small sized sabudana or sago for preparing this dessert. You need to soak for maximum an hour for it to soften. This will quicken your cooking process. You can also use the bigger sago balls but it is not preferred.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan and let it come to bubbling before you add the sugar or jaggery. Jaggery is healthier so use it if you find it. You need to melt jaggery in a pan with little water to form a thick brown solution. You can do this while the milk boils.
- Add this to the milk and let it boil for 2 minutes. Then add the sabudana and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the margarine on low flame; add cinnamon powder and the dry fruits to it for tempering. Heat it for a minutes and pout it over the boiling liquid.
- Add a pinch of saffron for garnishing and scent. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before you serve.
Sabudana kheer can be had with fruits at the end of a meal.