- 3 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- 5 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- 5 hrs ago How To Gain Weight In A Healthy Way?
- 11 hrs ago 20 Best Foods Rich In Vitamin K
- Technology Week 9, 2020 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A71, LG W10 Alpha, Sony Xperia L4, Surface Pro7 And More
- Sports Leicester City 0-1 Manchester City: Jesus strikes late after Aguero penalty miss
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Jalebis are always a favourite dessert to many of us. Well, why not, as it can be prepared quickly, and not to mention that lip-smacking taste. Also, we give you another reason as to why, just why, you should prepare this dessert. And that is - Navratri!
Yes, we have just another few days to celebrate the most colourful festival, Navratri. The festival of Navratri is celebrated for 9 days and each day is dedicated to a form of goddess.
On these special days, varieties of sweet recipes are prepared. Among which jalebi is one such recipe that could delight everyone by the mere look of it.
So, take a look at the video on how to prepare the jalebi sweet recipe for Navratri and the step-wise procedure.
Serves - 5
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 30 minutes
- Refined flour - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 a cup
- Orange food colour - 1/4th teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Saffron strands - 5 to 6
- Rabri & Pistachio for garnish
Also Read: Badusha Recipe For Navratri
1. In a large bowl, whisk refined flour, yogurt, orange food colour and sufficient water to a smooth and watery consistency batter. Cover and keep it aside in a warm place to ferment for 8 to 9 hours.
2. Make the sugar syrup by dissolving sugar and saffron in water, over low heat, then cook over high heat till it slightly thickens.
3. Pour some batter onto a jalebi cloth, gather the edges and make a tight potli.
4. Squeeze round spirals into the hot oil/ghee and deep fry, turning them over gently a few times, till they are evenly golden and crisp.
5. Drain and soak in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes. Take them out of the syrup and place Jalebis on a plate.
Garnish this awesome sweet recipe further with Rabri and pistachios.