- News Pennsylvania certifies election results; declares Joe Biden the winner
- Movies Aaraattu: Mohanlal Is Back In His Favourite Location For The B Unnikrishnan Project
- Finance Midcap Stocks Are Performing Better Than Largecaps; Which Stocks To Pick?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Jamshedpur FC vs Chennaiyin FC: Thapa first Indian goalscorer this season as Chennai down Jamshedpur
- Education Schools Reopening Date: Karnataka Schools, PU Colleges Not To Reopen In December Owing To COVID
- Automobiles Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- Technology Indian Government Bans 43 Chinese Apps: Check Out Full List
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Jalebis are always a favourite dessert to many of us. Well, why not, as it can be prepared quickly, and not to mention that lip-smacking taste. Also, we give you another reason as to why, just why, you should prepare this dessert. And that is - Navratri!
Yes, we have just another few days to celebrate the most colourful festival, Navratri. The festival of Navratri is celebrated for 9 days and each day is dedicated to a form of goddess.
On these special days, varieties of sweet recipes are prepared. Among which jalebi is one such recipe that could delight everyone by the mere look of it.
So, take a look at the video on how to prepare the jalebi sweet recipe for Navratri and the step-wise procedure.
Serves - 5
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 30 minutes
- Refined flour - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 a cup
- Orange food colour - 1/4th teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Saffron strands - 5 to 6
- Rabri & Pistachio for garnish
Also Read: Badusha Recipe For Navratri
1. In a large bowl, whisk refined flour, yogurt, orange food colour and sufficient water to a smooth and watery consistency batter. Cover and keep it aside in a warm place to ferment for 8 to 9 hours.
2. Make the sugar syrup by dissolving sugar and saffron in water, over low heat, then cook over high heat till it slightly thickens.
3. Pour some batter onto a jalebi cloth, gather the edges and make a tight potli.
4. Squeeze round spirals into the hot oil/ghee and deep fry, turning them over gently a few times, till they are evenly golden and crisp.
5. Drain and soak in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes. Take them out of the syrup and place Jalebis on a plate.
Garnish this awesome sweet recipe further with Rabri and pistachios.