- 2 hrs ago What Are Delusions Of Grandeur (A False Belief Of Superiority)? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- 3 hrs ago On Kajol’s Birthday, Her 5 Stunning Saree Looks For Some Saree Inspiration
- 5 hrs ago Your Traditional Wardrobe Sorted Ft. Mouni Roy
- 22 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Make It An Accessories Day With Discounted Bags And Sunglasses
- News No compromise on Mekedatu project, Tamil Nadu opposing it for politics: CM Basavaraj Bommai
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Finance Top 5 Public Sector Banks Promising Best Interest Rates On FD In 2021
- Movies Riteish Deshmukh Pens Heartfelt Note For His 'Baiko' Genelia On Her Birthday; 'Gods Must Love Me'
- Technology LG Gram 2021 Laptops With Intel Evo, Military Grade Design Launched: Price, Specifications
- Automobiles No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
- Education Tokyo Olympics: India Bags Bronze After 41 Years, All You Need To Know About Indian Men’s Hockey Squad
Jalebis are always a favourite dessert to many of us. Well, why not, as it can be prepared quickly, and not to mention that lip-smacking taste. Also, we give you another reason as to why, just why, you should prepare this dessert. And that is - Navratri!
Yes, we have just another few days to celebrate the most colourful festival, Navratri. The festival of Navratri is celebrated for 9 days and each day is dedicated to a form of goddess.
On these special days, varieties of sweet recipes are prepared. Among which jalebi is one such recipe that could delight everyone by the mere look of it.
So, take a look at the video on how to prepare the jalebi sweet recipe for Navratri and the step-wise procedure.
Serves - 5
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 30 minutes
- Refined flour - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 a cup
- Orange food colour - 1/4th teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Saffron strands - 5 to 6
- Rabri & Pistachio for garnish
Also Read: Badusha Recipe For Navratri
1. In a large bowl, whisk refined flour, yogurt, orange food colour and sufficient water to a smooth and watery consistency batter. Cover and keep it aside in a warm place to ferment for 8 to 9 hours.
2. Make the sugar syrup by dissolving sugar and saffron in water, over low heat, then cook over high heat till it slightly thickens.
3. Pour some batter onto a jalebi cloth, gather the edges and make a tight potli.
4. Squeeze round spirals into the hot oil/ghee and deep fry, turning them over gently a few times, till they are evenly golden and crisp.
5. Drain and soak in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes. Take them out of the syrup and place Jalebis on a plate.
Garnish this awesome sweet recipe further with Rabri and pistachios.