The preparation for Navratri festival is something that we all enjoy doing and we're sure it's already begun too. Right from cleaning our house to preparing the Durga idols and, not to forget, the list of sweet recipes that we should prepare for Navratri.
That's why we thought today we'll share a simple and easy badusha sweet recipe that you could make for the occasion. While most of us think that badusha is quite difficult to be prepared, let us tell you the technique is actually quite simple.
Take a look at the video and the step-wise method that is listed below to prepare this yummy treat!
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Maida (All purpose flour) - 1 cup
- Curd/Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Baking Soda - A pinch
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - A pinch
1. In a bowl, add Curd/Yogurt, Ghee, Baking Soda and whisk everything together.
2. In a wide mouth bowl, add Maida (All purpose flour).
3. Gradually add the Curd/Yogurt mixture. Knead it into a dough.
4. Let the dough sit for atleast 10 minutes.
5. Pour Water, add Sugar to dissolve it to make the sugar syrup.
6. Boil in medium/low flame till you get a thin syrup consistency.
7. Turn off the stove and add a pinch of Cardamom powder for flavouring.
8. After 10 minutes, take a little dough and roll it flat like patties. You can also fold it inwards to get an even texture for the Badusha.
9. Heat Oil in a Kadhai for deep-frying, once the oil is hot enough, gently drop the Badushas in it.Keep the flame in medium/low for them to cook through.
10. Once the badushas turn brown in colour, take them out and keep them aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Then, put them into the sugar syrup. Let them soak overnight.
12. Garnish with mixed nuts and enjoy the perfect sweet recipe this Navratri!