- Finance BSE To Delist Two Companies From July 7
- Movies 20 Years Of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi: Ekta Kapoor Reminiscences Pitching The Show To Star Plus
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Fafda is a famous dish in Gujarat. The best combination that is had with fafda is the jalebi and also the chutney. It is famous during the festive season of Navrathri.
This is a different snack recipe that you can prepare today. Fafda is a North Indian, typically Gujarat, recipe; however offlate, you may find this recipe being prepared in many hotels in the South too.
The main ingredient is the besan or gram flour. We also add ajwain that helps in better digestion of the food.
Fafda is a very simple, easy and tasty recipe. If you have plans to go out for the weekend, you can prepare this crunchy snack and munch on it during your journey.
So, let's start by having a look at the fafda snack recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Besan (gram flour ) - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 1/4th teaspoon
- Ajwain (Omam) powder - 1/4th teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 4 to 5
- Take a cup and add 150 ml of water to it. Add salt and baking soda and mix the content in water well.
- Now, take a bowl add gram flour to it. Then add ajwain powder and chilli powder, mix them well.
- Make the dough soft by adding the mixture of water.
- Knead the dough again. Add two teaspoons of oil and knead it again.
- Make small round balls. Take the small pieces and knead it using your hand.
- Press the dough vertically, so that it becomes thin.
- Continue with the same procedure for the rest of the dough.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan.
- Place the fafda pieces one by one in the oil and deep fry them.
- Serve the hot fafda with a green chilli. To make the fafda more tasty, you can have it with green chutney. And do not forget the hot jalebis as well to mellow down the spiciness of the chilli.
- Or you could top it with some chopped onions, carrots and green chilli paste.
Try this recipe and let us know your feedback.