- 26 min ago Lady Gaga In Bold And Vivid Make-up Look Sets The Instagram On Fire
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Juhi Chawla: Five Times The Actress Made Us Want To Up Our Ethnic Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago 6 Things To Keep In Mind Before You Decide To Move In With Your Partner
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 November 2019
- Finance Facebook Launches Facebook Pay To Be Used Across Its Network
- Technology NASA Finally Names Most Distant Object Ever Visited
- News SC verdict in Rafale review case tomorrow
- Movies Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Her Fan Moment With Katy Perry; Suggests The Singer To Watch 'Kick'
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: 1st Test: India probable XI for the Indore match
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ertiga BS-VI Diesel Spied Testing Ahead Debut At 2020 Auto Expo: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
If you are looking for a delicious snack to serve at your tea party, look no further. Today, we present to you the recipe of corn and rice balls.
The best thing about the recipe is its versatility. The corn and rice balls are a classy choice to serve at your tea party. If you wish to serve them at a cocktail party, you only need to make smaller balls and place some tooth picks in them. You can also choose to use them as an appetizer at a grand dinner party.
This tasty recipe calls for boiled and mashed corn and cooked rice. You may also use left over rice here. To be able to make the perfect corn and rice balls, you need to make the perfect thick sauce to bind the rest of the ingredients together.
For a western twist, skip the coriander leaves and add some cheese and celery. This will yield you cheesy and stretchy corn and rice balls. They will be fun to serve at a birthday party for children too.
Cooking time- 20 minutes
Preperation time- 30 minutes
Sweet corn kernels - 1½ cups
Cooked rice -1½ cups
Butter - ¾th cup
Maida -1/2 cup
Milk - 2¼ cups
Coriander leaves - ½ cup
Green chillies - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Maida - 1/3rd cup
Water - ¾th cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
• To Make Thick Sauce
- This is an important part of the recipe and must be followed carefully.
- Take a pan and add butter to it.
- Next, add maida and fry it till well combined.
- Now, add milk and stir it consistently. Do this till the sauce is thick.
• To Make The Corn And Rice Balls
- Remove the thick sauce into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked and mashed corn kernels to it.
- Next, add cooked rice, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix it all well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and set aside in a plate.
• To Fry
- Take a small bowl and add the remaining maida to it.
- Add water little by little to make a batter.
- Take a flat plate and add the bread crumbs to it.
- Use one of your hands to dunk a ball into the batter and use the other hand to cover it with the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadhai.
- Drop a ball into the oil to check the heat of the oil. If it seems fine, add a couple more. Never add more than three or four balls at a time. This will help avoid the risk of the balls from splitting into the oil.
- Fry all the balls this way until golden brown.
- Serve the corn and rice balls hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.