- 27 min ago Blurred Lips Trend Is On The Rise! Here’s How To Get It In 5 Easy Steps
- 3 hrs ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- 11 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 September 2020
- News BJP’s big rejig: Tejasvi Surya is Yuva Morcha chief
- Finance 3 IPOs And 2 Listings Ahead
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Sandesh Jhingan joins ATK Mohun Bagan
- Technology Paytm Mall Offers On Best Selling Laptops
- Movies Executive Producer Kshitij Ravi Prasad Arrested By Narcotics Control Bureau In Drugs Case
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
If you are looking for a delicious snack to serve at your tea party, look no further. Today, we present to you the recipe of corn and rice balls.
The best thing about the recipe is its versatility. The corn and rice balls are a classy choice to serve at your tea party. If you wish to serve them at a cocktail party, you only need to make smaller balls and place some tooth picks in them. You can also choose to use them as an appetizer at a grand dinner party.
This tasty recipe calls for boiled and mashed corn and cooked rice. You may also use left over rice here. To be able to make the perfect corn and rice balls, you need to make the perfect thick sauce to bind the rest of the ingredients together.
For a western twist, skip the coriander leaves and add some cheese and celery. This will yield you cheesy and stretchy corn and rice balls. They will be fun to serve at a birthday party for children too.
Cooking time- 20 minutes
Preperation time- 30 minutes
Sweet corn kernels - 1½ cups
Cooked rice -1½ cups
Butter - ¾th cup
Maida -1/2 cup
Milk - 2¼ cups
Coriander leaves - ½ cup
Green chillies - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Maida - 1/3rd cup
Water - ¾th cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
• To Make Thick Sauce
- This is an important part of the recipe and must be followed carefully.
- Take a pan and add butter to it.
- Next, add maida and fry it till well combined.
- Now, add milk and stir it consistently. Do this till the sauce is thick.
• To Make The Corn And Rice Balls
- Remove the thick sauce into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked and mashed corn kernels to it.
- Next, add cooked rice, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix it all well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and set aside in a plate.
• To Fry
- Take a small bowl and add the remaining maida to it.
- Add water little by little to make a batter.
- Take a flat plate and add the bread crumbs to it.
- Use one of your hands to dunk a ball into the batter and use the other hand to cover it with the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadhai.
- Drop a ball into the oil to check the heat of the oil. If it seems fine, add a couple more. Never add more than three or four balls at a time. This will help avoid the risk of the balls from splitting into the oil.
- Fry all the balls this way until golden brown.
- Serve the corn and rice balls hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.