- 2 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 5 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 7 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- 9 hrs ago Your Stylish Semi-Formal Fashion Goals Ft. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Sonakshi Sinha
- Sports The no-ball controversy: Smriti Mandhana plays down the debatable umpire call in 2nd ODI
- Movies Neha Bhasin Wishes To Be A Part Of Bigg Boss 15; Gives THIS Advice To Friend Shamita Shetty For The Show
- News Seeds sown for even stronger friendship between US-India: Modi to Biden
- Education CSE 2020 Final Result: UPSC Declares Civil Services 2020 Results, Shubham Kumar Tops The List. Check Details
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 India Launch Timeline Tipped; Expected Price, Features
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
If you are looking for a delicious snack to serve at your tea party, look no further. Today, we present to you the recipe of corn and rice balls.
The best thing about the recipe is its versatility. The corn and rice balls are a classy choice to serve at your tea party. If you wish to serve them at a cocktail party, you only need to make smaller balls and place some tooth picks in them. You can also choose to use them as an appetizer at a grand dinner party.
This tasty recipe calls for boiled and mashed corn and cooked rice. You may also use left over rice here. To be able to make the perfect corn and rice balls, you need to make the perfect thick sauce to bind the rest of the ingredients together.
For a western twist, skip the coriander leaves and add some cheese and celery. This will yield you cheesy and stretchy corn and rice balls. They will be fun to serve at a birthday party for children too.
Cooking time- 20 minutes
Preperation time- 30 minutes
Sweet corn kernels - 1½ cups
Cooked rice -1½ cups
Butter - ¾th cup
Maida -1/2 cup
Milk - 2¼ cups
Coriander leaves - ½ cup
Green chillies - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Maida - 1/3rd cup
Water - ¾th cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
• To Make Thick Sauce
- This is an important part of the recipe and must be followed carefully.
- Take a pan and add butter to it.
- Next, add maida and fry it till well combined.
- Now, add milk and stir it consistently. Do this till the sauce is thick.
• To Make The Corn And Rice Balls
- Remove the thick sauce into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked and mashed corn kernels to it.
- Next, add cooked rice, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix it all well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and set aside in a plate.
• To Fry
- Take a small bowl and add the remaining maida to it.
- Add water little by little to make a batter.
- Take a flat plate and add the bread crumbs to it.
- Use one of your hands to dunk a ball into the batter and use the other hand to cover it with the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadhai.
- Drop a ball into the oil to check the heat of the oil. If it seems fine, add a couple more. Never add more than three or four balls at a time. This will help avoid the risk of the balls from splitting into the oil.
- Fry all the balls this way until golden brown.
- Serve the corn and rice balls hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.