- 6 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 9 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 10 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 10 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Says Shooting For Malang Reminded Him Of His Younger Days In Goa
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Dahi chicken is an Indian curry that does not have too many complicated spices or ingredients. This Indian chicken recipe draws its flavor from just two main ingredients namely,'dahi' or curd and 'kasuri methi' of fenugreek leaves. The general assumption about Indian food recipes is that they are time-consuming and require too much effort. However, this chicken recipe is a concoction by the busy Indian generation that lives in metros and has little time for gourmet cooking; it will do away with all your preconceived notions about Indian chicken recipes.
Ingredients for Dahi Chicken:
1. Chicken 500 grams
2. Curd or Dahi 250 grams
3. Kasuri Methi or Fenugreek seeds 4 tablespoons
4. Onions 2 (thinly sliced)
5. Garlic and ginger paste 2 tablespoons
6. Green chillies 4 (finely chopped)
7. Red Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
8. Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
9. Pepper corns 8
10. Tej patta or bay leaf 1
11. Oil 3 tablespoons
12. Butter or ghee
13. Sugar 1 teaspoon
14. Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with curd and a dash of salt for 30 minutes. You could refrigerate it or just leave if covered.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- When the oil is sizzling hot, add the pepper corns, bay leaf, green chillies, red chilli powder and cumin power as the 'tadka'. Cover it immediately or else the stinging aroma will assault your nostrils and set of a series of sneezes.
- Add the onions and fry them till golden brown.
- Stir in the ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken; cover and cook for 6-7 minutes on low flame until the water dies out.
- Then add the Kasuri methi and one table spoon of ghee or butter. Stir it in and cook for 2 minutes.
- Your Dahi chicken is ready!
Serve it hot with steamed rice, jeera rice or Peas pulao. You can also serve it with hot roties or bread.