Chicken sandwich with eggs is one of the easiest things to put together in the morning. Most often you make a egg sandwich when you do not have the time think about what to make. If you put in an ounce more of thought to your lunch box ideas then you can try this leftover recipe in minutes. All you have to do is take that extra ten minutes of effort in advance.
This egg and chicken sandwich recipe is very flexible as you can use your choice of vegetable in it. It is one of those lunch box ideas that can be put together with whatever you have in your refrigerator. Just make sure that the vegetables you put in this chicken and eggs sandwich does not take more time to cook than the sandwich itself. It is a very healthy lunch idea because as you are getting the protein from chicken and eggs, bread gives your fibrous carbohydrates and vegetables give you vital nutrients.
Ingredients For Egg And Chicken Sandwich:
1. Left Over Chicken (1 bowl of shreds)
2. Eggs 2
3. Onions 2 (sliced into rounds)
4. Tomatoes 2 (sliced into rounds)
5. Green bell pepper or capsicum 1 (chopped into big pieces)
6. Garlic 3-4 cloves (minced)
7. Parsley or Coriander leaves 1 tablespoon (chopped)
8. Mint leaves 3-4
9. Ground pepper 1 teaspoon
10. Brown bread 8 slices
11. Bread spread as per taste
12. Salt as per taste
13. Butter 1 teaspoon
Procedure For Eggs And Chicken Sandwich:
- To make chicken and eggs sandwich your need two basic ingredients; eggs and chicken. The chicken can be taken from any leftover dish like roast or curry.
- You can also boil chicken separately and shred it from the bones with your fingers
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan and scramble the beaten eggs in it. You may add a little salt if necessary.
- Add the shredded chicken and bell pepper to the pan full of scrambled eggs and sprinkle pepper over it. Cook for just about 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add the other spices like coriander leaves and mint and cover for the aroma to bleed. After 2 to 3 minutes take it off the flame and let it cool.
- Apply a thin layer of bread spread of your choice (cheese, butter, mayonnaise) on the bread and top it with the chopped vegetables.
- The layer of chicken and eggs should come in the centre when you put the two slices together.
You can either have this egg and chicken sandwich plain or toast it in a sandwich grill.