- 3 hrs ago What Are Delusions Of Grandeur (A False Belief Of Superiority)? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- 4 hrs ago On Kajol’s Birthday, Her 5 Stunning Saree Looks For Some Saree Inspiration
- 6 hrs ago Your Traditional Wardrobe Sorted Ft. Mouni Roy
- 23 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Make It An Accessories Day With Discounted Bags And Sunglasses
- Technology Curiosity Rover Completes Nine Years On Mars: Everything It Has Unearthed Till Now
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Lauds Meghan Markle's 40X40 Initiative With A Sweet Birthday Note
- Finance Sebi's Payout To Sahara Investors Near Rs 129 Cr; Balance In Repayment Accounts Reaches Rs 23 Lakh Cr
- Education Tamil Nadu Approves 7.5% Reservation In Engineering Colleges For Government School Students
- News Opposition will keep fighting to raise people's issues including Pegasus matter: Mallikarjuna Kharge
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Automobiles No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
Beef Nihari is originally an Eid recipe that originated in Delhi. This Indian beef recipe is now popular all across India for its succulent taste and steamy flavour. Beef nihari has all the goodness of a homemade Eid recipe. You could prepare Beef Nihari as a beef curry for lunch.
The main flavour in Beef Nihari comes from whole spices and fried caramelized onions. It is also a special Indian beef recipe that is cooked with flour to thicken the curry. This special recipe will make Eid a truly festive occasion for your family.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Onions-2+1 (sliced)
- Bay Leaf- 2
- Nutmeg (baddi elaichi)- 1 (broken)
- Cardamom (choti elaichi)- 2
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Peppercorns- 10
- Cloves- 5
- Star anise- 2
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Turmeric- 1tsp
- Pepper- 1tbsp
- Fennel seeds (saunf)- 1tsp
- Beef- 1 kg (medium sized pieces)
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste- 2tbsobsp
- Flour- 2tbsp
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Heat half the oil in one pan. Saute the onions in it till they turn golden brown. Meanwhile heat oil in another pan.
- Remove 2/3rd of the onions into a separate vessel and store the rest.
- In the second pan, season the heating oil with whole spices namely, cardamom, nutmeg, bay leaf, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, pepper corns and star anise.
- Let the flavours cook for a minute and then, add the beef pieces to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt to it. Cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2/3 of the onions to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 cups water, cover and cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
- When the oil starts floating on the top of the pan, add yogurt and stir vigorously. Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle flour into the gravy slowly and allow it to thicken. Cook for another 2 minutes on low flame and then pour it into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with fried onions and slit green chillies.
Beef Nihari is the perfect dish to celebrate the festive mood. Eid Mubarak and bon appetit.