- 2 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 January 2021
- 19 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Wins Us Over With Her Radiant Style In Maternity Gym Wear!
- 19 hrs ago What Is Leech Therapy? Proven Health Benefits And Side Effects
- Sports India vs England 2021: Nasser Hussain says Virat Kohli's tough side can't be bullied
- News Farmers' Protest: Chanting 'jai jawan jai kisan' farmers pour into Delhi on tractors, horses, cranes
- Technology TikTok And Other 58 Chinese Apps Might Get Permanent Ban From India
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- Automobiles KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Did you know that cooking utensils play an important role in the taste of your recipe? The taste of 'Bamboo Chicken' is completely different from chicken cooked on a non-stick pan. You must have seen your grandma cooking completely in a different style than today.
The authentic recipes that our Grandmas prepared had a unique, amazing and an unforgettable taste. They would make use of mud pots to cook many delicacies, which we are sure we all have savoured in our childhood.
Mud pot fish curry is one of those traditional methods of cooking that is not common today in this urban lifestyle. Why not bring back all the memories of the past and present this Grandma style fish curry recipe in a mud pot to the younger generation?
Well, here are the ingredients you would require and the procedure that you should follow. Take a look.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 to 30 minutes
- Fish - 4 (any small or medium-sized whole fish)
- Ginger - ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Onions - 5-8 (chopped)
- Garlic - 5-8 cloves (chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Tamarind juice - ½ cup
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - ¾th tsp
- Ground pepper - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼th tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Clean the fish well, so that no internal organs or dirt remains. Keep it aside.
- Put all the spices (onions, garlic, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ground pepper, salt, tomato) into a grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Now, clean the mud pot well and heat it. Add oil and sauté onions, garlic and ginger until the onions get transparent.
- Add the masala mixture, you have prepared, into the pot. Mix it well with the onions. Stir it until it leaves oil. Don't burn it. Keep the oven on low-medium flame.
- Now, pour the tamarind juice into the pot and add water to make the gravy thin. Stir well.
- Add the fish pieces and curry leaves into the pot and cover it with a lid. Let it boil until the fish are cooked.
- After a few moments, taste the gravy and add salt if needed.
- When the fish pieces are cooked well, remove the pot from the heat.
Your Grandma-style fish curry recipe is ready to be served.