- 1 hr ago Mahashivratri 2023: Dreams Related To Shiva During The Time Of Mahashivratri: What Do They Signify?
- 2 hrs ago Aditya Hrudayam: Chanting Procedure, Benefits, And Associated Astrological Remedies
- 10 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago How To Prepare Green And Healthy Moringa Smoothie Recipe
- Sports Border-Gavaskar Trophy: Australia rope-in Ashwin's duplicate from Baroda to prepare against the off-spinner
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra- Kiara Advani Wedding: Groom's Family To Arrange A Special Surprise For The Bride-To-Be
- Technology Xperia 1 V: The Thinnest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Phone Yet?
- News 'No immediate impact on Adani ratings after Hindenburg report', says Fitch Ratings
- Finance Check Your SBI Account Balance With 6 Easy Ways
- Education IES MCRC PGDM Admission 2023 Open; Check Details Here
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny Bags More Than 15,000 Bookings – Longer Waiting Period Expected
- Travel Bungee Jumping First Time? These Tips Wil Make Your Experience Smooth
Over her five-decade career, Rekha has lent beauty and style to a host of Bollywood movies. The self-professed 'ugly duckling' rose to become one of the industry's most glamorous and talented actresses.
Throughout her career, Rekha has created an inimitable style that few others can match - the very few who were really in vogue and de rigueur.
"I was called the 'Ugly Duckling' of Hindi films because of my dark complexion and South Indian features. I used to feel deeply hurt when people compared me with the leading heroines of the time and said I was no match for them. I was determined to make it big on sheer merit."
Actress Rekha's serene beauty knows no bounds, and she is still the beauty queen of Bollywood, hands down. So let's check out some of the beauty and fitness tips that Rekha swears by.
Rekha Beauty Routine
1. It's all about the TLC!
Rekha's beauty tips focus heavily on natural beauty and skincare; she stressed that in her interviews on Rendezvous with Simi Grewal.
There's nothing unusual about what she does, and she follows these tips.
- She drinks 10-12 glasses of water daily, which helps hydrate the skin and detoxify the entire body.
- She regularly does CTM (Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing).
- She does aromatherapy and ayurvedic treatments, which can benefit skin health.
- She uses essential oils to moisturise her skin and regulate oil production.
- She takes her makeup off every night before bed, which is extremely important in skincare.
2. DIY hair packs
Our Queen Rekha uses a homemade hair pack of curd, eggs, and honey to keep her hair healthy. She also massages her hair with coconut oil once a week, revealing her haircare tips to Simi Garewal in an interview.
How to make Rekha's favourite hair pack:
- Beat one egg till it's nice and bubbly.
- Take six tablespoons of curd and two teaspoons of honey and mix them.
- Put it on your hair generously and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash with a mild shampoo.
3. No junk food -AT ALL
Rekha loves local food but avoids junk food to maintain her physique and beauty; she shared with Simi Garewal when asked about her transformation.
Her regular dinner consists of two rotis, a bowl of curd, and vegetables cooked with little oil and spices. The key to good skin and hair is our food choices. From the day you cut back on eating junk, you will find your skin look and feel much better .
4. Know your cosmetics
Rekha loves her makeup a lot. She was the first to use oil-based makeup among her peers, while the rest used makeup made of talc. Knowing what works best for your skin when it comes to cosmetics and makeup goes a long way in maintaining your skin health.
5. Yoga-meditation-sleep for that mind-body balance
As a yoga practitioner and fitness fanatic, the actress meditates and practices yoga daily. She's been doing yoga for years, and it's become a part of her lifestyle. She also exercises every day for 10-15 minutes. In addition, cleaning is her thing, so she does housework and hobbies, like dancing and gardening, that keep her in shape.
"Appearance? Why only appearance? They can achieve just anything they want. If you want to be complete beautiful woman, the beauty has to be both ways, inside and out," Rekha said when Simi asked her message to the young girls out there.
A regular sleep routine is one of the main reasons she's so energetic. She believes in living a disciplined, stress-free life .
So, according to Rekha, ya'll need to sleep properly, eat well and get moving!
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Rekha: 10 Stunning Saree Looks From Bollywood's Timeless Beauty
- make up tipsFlashback Friday Makeup Inspiration: A Note On Rekha’s Dreamy Romantic Look In Silsila
- bollywood wardrobeOn 17 Years Of Koi...Mil Gaya, Preity Zinta’s Pretty Outfits From The Popular Songs Of The Film
- bollywood wardrobeOn 15 Years Of Parineeta, Vidya Balan’s Ethnic Looks From The Film Decoded
- fashion trends17 Types Of Regional Saris From India That Should Be A Part Of Your Wardrobe
- bollywood wardrobeB-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calendar Launch Event
- bollywood wardrobeMadhuri Dixit, Rekha And Urvashi Rautela Steal The Limelight In Wow Outfits At Wedding Reception
- bollywood wardrobeRaveena Tandon, Madhuri Dixit Nene, And Other Divas Have Diverse Traditional Fashion Goals For Us
- fashion trendsGanesh Chaturthi 2019: Spruce Up Your Fashion Game With These Five Traditional Saris
- bollywood wardrobeKangana Ranaut’s Traditional Airport Look Reminds Us Of Legendary Actress Rekha
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Sara Ali Khan: The Actress Who Wears More Chikankari Than Gucci
- bollywood wardrobeRekha's All-black Fusion Ensemble Is Anything But Ordinary