- 3 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 5 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 6 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 8 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- News China reports new Omicron variant of COVID-19: Beijing makes vaccine proof mandatory for public
- Automobiles Hyundai Teases New N Concept & Ioniq 5 N Ahead Of July 15 Debut
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Elena Rybakina sets up Simona Halep semifinal with triumph over Ajla Tomljanovic
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty To Make Her Acting Debut In Bengali Film Industry: Report
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Finance This Maharatna Stock Fixes Record Date For Final Dividend - Should You Buy?
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Each year, 21 June is observed as International Yoga Day. The day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 2014 and has been observed annually since then. The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, had proposed the date of 21 June in his UN address in 2014 because it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and holds special significance in many parts of the world.
The theme for International Yoga Day 2022 is Yoga for humanity. So, on this International Yoga Day, let's take a look at the beauty benefits of yoga.
Does Yoga Have Beauty Benefits?
The benefits of yoga are well known, including its ability to reduce stress and improve strength - but did you know that it may also benefit your complexion? If you practice yoga regularly, you have probably seen the effects of exercise on your skin.
Does yoga help your skin? Certainly. Yoga is generally regarded as a set of postures that can be used to maintain physical fitness. The benefits of yoga go far beyond physical fitness, however.
Yoga cannot magically transform your skin. For example, there is no guarantee that pimples or dark circles under the eyes will disappear instantly. Additionally, yoga cannot reverse the signs of ageing. Practising yoga, however, can improve your overall health and well-being and your appearance .
How Does Yoga Help Improve Your Beauty?
1. Increases circulation to the head and face
The circulation to your head and face can be increased by assuming certain poses such as uttanasana and viprita karani poses for a quicker, short-term glow. Although other poses may not necessarily produce the same effect, they may help you slow your breathing, relax, and feel your stress levels recede, which can still positively affect your appearance .
2. Manages stress
Stress damages the skin in a number of ways. De-stressing yourself through regular yoga and meditation can be very beneficial for maintaining healthy skin .
3. Tightens muscles
Regularly practising yoga tightens your muscles, which is beneficial in preventing loose skin on your body and face .
4. Improves sleep
Yoga is proven to help you sleep better. Moreover, your skin may appear more vibrant when you are well-rested. During sleep, your body's skin cells repair and recover from stress.
Yoga Poses For Healthy Skin
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
Also known as Adho Mukha Svanasana, this inverted pose stimulates blood flow to the head and face.
How to do Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Stand on your four limbs, also known as the table pose.
- Gently lift your hips while exhaling and straightening your knees and elbows.
- The hands should be in line with your shoulders and your feet in line with the hips.
- Toes should be pointed outwards.
- Press your hands lightly into the ground, and then stretch your neck.
- Turn your gaze to your navel and stay in that position for a few seconds.
- Come to the original position by bending your knees and returning to the table position.
Caution: Avoid adho mukha savasana if you suffer from high blood pressure, carpal tunnel syndrome or a dislocated shoulder.
2. Ardha Pincha Mayurasana (Dolphin Pose)
By encouraging circulation, this pose can result in a pink or even a little glowy appearance on the face.
How to do Ardha Pincha Mayurasana
- Get down to your knees and hands as well (like a baby would crawl).
- Now, by placing your forearms on the ground, ensure that your elbows and shoulders are in the same line.
- Make your legs straight, and lift your back and hips.
- Shoulder blades should be firm enough and into your ribs, and the neck should be free, lifting your shoulders away from the ears.
- Walk in towards your arms.
- Inhale, exhale in tune, and hold on to this pose for a few seconds.
- Do this 12-15 times.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
The Cobra Pose may improve the appearance of your skin. In addition, as a result of this pose, you may open your chest, breathe deeper, and inhale more oxygen into your body.
How to do Bhujangasana
- Lie on your stomach and keep your forehead on the floor, with your feet placed together.
- Press the floor using the top of your feet.
- Place your hands under the shoulders and keep your elbows close to your body.
- Maintain the position with your shoulder blades back and downward for about 2 mins.
- Stabilise your lower back by pressing your feet to the ground.
- Inhale and lift your chest and head off the floor.
- Keep your shoulder relaxed and make the back muscles work.
- Exhale and lower yourself to the ground.
- Come to the original position by lifting yourself with the help of your hands.
Caution: Avoid the practice if you suffer from hyperthyroidism, hernia, peptic ulcer or intestinal tuberculosis.
On A Final Note...
Yoga should not be practised under conditions of exhaustion, illness, rush or acute stress.
- faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga: From Delhi To Beijing, Thousands Begin Their Day With Yoga
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: What is Yoga Nidra? Benefits And How To Perform
- yoga spiritualityInternational Yoga Day 2022 Highlights: Yoga Is A Way Of Life, Says PM Narendra Modi
- diet fitnessUnion Health Minister To Lead International Yoga Day Celebrations At Statue Of Unity In Gujarat’s Kevadia
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Beneficial Yoga Poses For People With Parkinson’s Disease
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: Effective Yoga Asanas And Poses For Cold And Flu
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- fashion trendsInternational Yoga Day 2021: Yoga Outfits Beyond Yoga Mats!