- 10 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- 11 hrs ago Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar Speaks About His New Hairstyle In Sherdil Shergill
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Bring Gym To Your Home, Upto 70% Off On Gym Equipment
- 13 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Don’t Miss Out On These Offers On Home Furnishings
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan-1 Twitter Review: Netizens Pour In Their Opinions On Mani Ratnam's Epic Period Film
- News Monsoon has withdrawn from Delhi: IMD
- Sports Legends League Cricket: India Capitals grab sole lead after crushing victory over Manipal Tigers
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Pharma Stock, Target Price Rs 1,724: Anand Rathi
- Technology Vodafone Idea and OnePlus Partner to Drive 5G Ecosystem in India
- Automobiles GT Force Launches GT Soul Vegas & GT Drive Pro Electric Scooters - Prices Start At Rs 47K
- Education What are tactical nuclear weapons? An international security expert explains and assesses what they mean for t
- Travel Cathar Castle Hike: A Stunning Castle Trail To Explore
Don't know about you, but we definitely don't like the burning aftermath of mouthwash. And most mouthwashes are potent carriers of alcohol, which can cause teeth-staining, increase tartar formation and temporarily alter the taste of your mouth.
Which is precisely why we curated this herbal mouthwash recipe. Free of concentrated chemicals, this mouthwash keeps your teeth and gums healthy, breath minty fresh all day long, and costs next to nothing!
So, what are you waiting for? Let's dive right in with the minty mouthwash recipe. Main ingredients included here are clove powder, peppermint oil and apple cider vinegar.
Packed with antiseptic, antimicrobial and antiviral properties, clove can treat minor cavities, kill lurking bacteria and reduce tartar buildup.
Menthol present in peppermint oil will keep your breath smelling minty fresh all day long. And last ingredient in this DIY mouthwash recipe, apple cider vinegar, contains acetic acid and malic acid that eliminate bacteria in the mouth, which causes bad breath.
Depending on how concentrated you want your mouthwash to be, tweak the content of the recipe.
So, here is the step-by-step guide on how to keep breath smelling fresh naturally.
Take a mason jar. Add 1 cup of distilled or filtered water. In case if you adding boiling water, make sure to let it cool down to lukewarm temperature, before adding in the other herbs.
Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar. Acidic content of the vinegar will not only neutralize the bad bacteria, but also break down plaque.
Take 3 to 4 cloves and grind them into fine powder. Add a teaspoon of the powder to the solution and stir it well with a spoon.
Next, add five drops of peppermint oil to the mouthwash. Other than turning your breath minty fresh, peppermint oil will also soothe your senses.
You can also add a couple of drops of lemon juice to the mixture. Rich in citric acid, lemon juice will remove any stains on your teeth, making them pearly white.
Close the lid on the mason jar. And place it in a cool, dry place and let it hibernate for a week. Later, using a cheesecloth or fine mesh, strain the solution.
When using it, shake the jar well. Take a mouthful of the solution. Swish it in your mouth, from left to right, for a minute or two and then spit out.
No need to rinse your mouth later. Avoid swallowing the solution and in case if you do, drink ample amount of water later.
Tips To Follow
- Avoid making a huge batch, as the natural oil flavours and potency changes with each week.
- Before making your mouth wash, make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients listed.
- You can also use tea tree oil instead of clove powder, as its antibacterial properties will kill any bacteria lurking in your mouth.
When used regularly, every day, not only will the herbal mouth wash eradicate bad odour, but also keep plaque from building.
- oral careExpert Article: Say Goodbye To Yellow Teeth With Teeth Whitening
- oral careExpert Article: What Are Tooth Implants? When And Why You Should Get Them
- oral careExpert Article: Teeth Cleaning And Polishing - Myths And Facts
- wellnessWorld Oral Health Unified Week: How Does Frequent Vomiting Affect Oral Health? Ways To Prevent Teeth Damage
- kidsKnow About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- disorders cureDoctors Remove 82 Teeth From Teenager Due To Rare Tumour Complex Odontoma, Know More
- prenatalPregnancy Gingivitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Other Details
- wellnessEat Right To Keep Your Teeth Strong And Healthy
- wellness40 Best Superfoods To Maintain Oral Health
- disorders cureTeratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- disorders curePeriodontitis: Symptoms, Causes, Risk factors, Treatment And Prevention
- oral careHow Does Your Oral Health Affect Your Overall Health?