Before learning to do oil cleansing on your body, it is important to learn why your skin needs oil cleansing? Below are the reasons, continue reading.
- Your skin being the largest organ of your body requires maximum pamperment and oil cleansing is a healthy way of doing it.
- As oil is liquid like in nature, it easily penetrates the skin and rips off all the clogged dirt from the skin pores.
- Oil cleansing can be done on all kinds of skin and it is sure to show results.
- Oil cleansing, other than a thorough cleansing, also moisturizes the body.
- There is no one oil that you can use for oil cleansing. Depending on the skin type, you have to pick the right oils, mix them and opt for this method.
Now that you have five solid reasons to add oil cleansing in your skin care routine, here is how you should try doing it two times in a week:
Decide The Oil For Cleansing
Deciding the right oil for skin cleansing is very important. Depending on the skin type, you have to pick the following oils:
Combination Skin: Castor oil/Hazelnut Oil with sunflower/coconut oil
Oily Skin: Castor Oil/Hazelnut Oil with sunflower/coconut oil
Dry Skin: Olive/Castor/Hazelnut Oil with nourishing oils like jojoba, flaxseed, argan or avocado.
Starting With Oil Cleansing
Ensure your face is dry before you start with oil cleansing. In fact, when you are tired and your face is filled with ripping off makeup at the end of the day, then you should do oil cleansing on your face or skin. This makes it easy for the oils to extract all the dirt and dust in the skin, making it clean and clear.
Ingredients Required For Oil Cleansing
Oil is not the only ingredient that is required to do a good oil cleansing on your face or body. You will also need a clean piece of white cloth and some tepid water. In a glass, keep hot water ready, as you will need this immediately after applying the oil. The water becomes lukewarm by the time you apply it on your face and body.
How To Do Oil Cleansing On The Skin?
- Take a scoop of the oils you have mixed according to your skin type on your palms.
- Rub the palms against each other such that they warm up and the oil is ready to be applied.
- First, apply the oil all over your skin, especially focusing on areas that you think are very dirty.
- Next, massage the oil mixture in a circular motion for the face and abdoman. For the hands and legs, you can follow a linear pattern.
- Continue doing this, until you think your skin is saturated and the oils have dissolved.
- Once your skin is oil soaked, take the white cloth, immerse it in warm water and squeeze.
- Now, place the white cloth on areas where you applied the oil and let it be for 10 minutes. For the body, you can use a towel to do this process.
- Lastly, with a tissue or cotton pad, wipe off all the regions where you massaged the oil.
- Do not wash, cleanse or moisturize until the next day.