- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News Tripura TET Result 2019 released: Check document scrutiny date
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
You are probably told that Vitamin C can help to ward off cold or cough in a person, but now the world understands the fact that Vitamin C can also help to benefit your skin in several ways.
Vitamin C plays a vital role in maintaining healthy and glowing skin. Due to antioxidant properties of Vitamin C, it plays a vital role in collagen synthesis of the skin.
Some studies have showed that Vitamin C can help to prevent and protect your skin from harmful UV rays, thus acting as a skin protectant.
So, check out some of the benefits of Vitamin C on the skin.
1. Helps Boost Collagen Production
Due to antioxidants present in Vitamin C, it helps to boost the production of collagen in the skin, thus giving you healthy and glowing skin.
It helps to prevent signs of ageing and also deals with acne scars and spots easily. You should include a lot of veggies and fruits with Vitamin C or simply apply some Vitamin C serum on your face before going to bed.
2. Helps To Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage
According to experts, due to a good amount of antioxidants present in Vitamin C, it provides some protection against the UV rays. You can add a few drops of Vitamin C serum or oil to the sunscreen and apply it on the face.
Vitamin C helps to reverse the sun damage and sun spots on the skin easily. It not only helps to reduce redness on the face, but also prevents the risk of skin cancer.
3. Helps To Improve Skin Texture
Soft and supple skin is what every woman dreams of and prolonged use of Vitamin C can help you with this. Production of collagen also provides structure to the blood vessels which are responsible for carrying proteins and vitamins to the skin, thus giving you glowing and radiant face.
It helps to deal with dry and rough patches on the skin. Regular application of Vitamin C serum not only helps to deal with hyperpigmentation, but it also retains moisture and keeps your skin hydrated for a long period of time.
4. Deals With Dry Skin Effectively
Dry skin can often lead to itchiness and redness on the face. Due to higher intake of Vitamin C, it can help to decrease the risk of dry and inflamed skin as well.
In addition to this, vitamin C promotes the synthesis of barrier lipids that can help to retain water in the skin, thus preventing the dry skin condition. And hence, it is good to include more of Vitamin C-rich fruits in your diet and also apply Vitamin C serum on the skin before going to bed.
5. Prevents Signs Of Ageing
Due to antioxidant properties, Vitamin C plays a major role in reversing the signs of ageing, and treating age spots and sagged skin.
Regular application of Vitamin C serum can help to uplift sagging skin and also fade away the fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Also, Vitamin C proves to be beneficial in improving the elasticity of the skin.
6. Protects Against Skin Discolouration
Vitamin C protects the DNA from the photochemical reaction, which can otherwise lead to skin discolouration. If DNA is not protected, it may also lead to development of tumour or skin cancer in a person.
Using Vitamin C serum can help to protect against skin discolouration, thus giving you healthy and younger-looking skin. Vitamin C also helps to work effectively on freckles and crow's feet.