Essential oils are a rage right now. They are used everywhere- be it in the health or beauty sector. Essential oils have a host of benefits- They provide radiant skin reduce spots and appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Few essential oils repair damaged hair and make it thick and strong.
Essential oils are extensively used in aromatherapy. They are also major components of organic shower gels and cleansing soaps. Each essential oil has a distinctive scent which soothes our body and mind.
Some essential oils have medicinal benefits too, for example, Eucalyptus oil. It is well known for its many medicinal properties. It is anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and also used as a mosquito and insect repellent.
It is most commonly used to provide relief from blocked nose and sinus congestions. But did you know that it has many beauty benefits too?
Eucalyptus oil is extracted by distillation of the leaves of its plant. Its smell is sweet and camphorous.
Here is a list of beauty benefits of eucalyptus oil-
1) Cleansing Agent
Eucalyptus oil is a great skin cleanser. It deep cleans your skin by exfoliating and removing the dirt and dust from within. Here is an amazing eucalyptus scrub for this purpose
-1 teaspoon eucalyptus oil
-1 teaspoon Epsom salts
1) Mix both the ingredient together and use this to scrub your face. Restrict the quantity of the oil to half a teaspoon if you have sensitive skin.
2) Helps In Treating Acne
The anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties of Eucalyptus oil make it an excellent anti-acne remedy. It kills the acne causing bacteria and further prevents their growth. It also prevents other kinds of skin infections.
Use this eucalyptus oil and neem face pack to reduce your breakouts-
-A handful of dried neem leaves
-1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil
1) Crush the dried neem leaves in a mortar and pestle to make a fine powder.
2) Mix this powder with the oil to make a paste.
3) Use water if necessary and apply this pack on the breakouts.
4) Wash off after 20 minutes and repeat twice a week.
3) Has moisturizing properties-
Eucalyptus is a great moisturizer too. It can be used on the skin as a natural and safe body lotion. It will keep you smelling amazing, will protect your skin from the elements and also ward of infections.
Eucalyptus oil mixed with Avocado make for a great face pach for dry skin.
-1 tablespoon avocado pulp
1 teaspoon eucalyptus oil
1) Mix both the ingredients together in a bowl.
2) Apply onto dry skin and wash off after 15 minutes.
4) Is cooling on the skin
Eucalyptus oil cools down the skin immediately and reduces the effects of sun burn. It can be used on a hot sunny day for a cooling spray for your face. It can also be used as a Make-up setting spray.
This simple eucalyptus oil spray should be kept very handy during the summers.
-1 teaspoon eucalyptus oil
-An empty spray bottle filled with plain water.
1) Add the eucalyptus oil into the spray bottle filled with water.
2) Carry it along with you when you are out and about on a sunny day. This will cool your skin and also calm down any redness on the face.
Eucalyptus oil has very strong properties so it is advised to be used only in prescribed quantities. It can irritate the skin and too much smell can make a person nauseous and sick. Make sure to use pure eucalyptus oil from a good and trusted source as the oil with adulterants in it may not to that effective.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!