One of the most beautiful women in history, Audrey Hepburn, once said, "And the beauty of a woman with passing years, only grows". Now, while it is true that each one of us are beautiful, regardless of our age, we all have a natural tendency to fight against aging, men and women alike.
With age, our youthful appearances and agility slowly, but steadily, slip away. It is a natural process and it is unavoidable. Especially in this era, which offers numerous age-defying surgeries and advanced technologies that help a person attain the desired look.
Tummy tucks, botox, lip and bust enhancements, skin-firming sessions and much more are becoming extremely common lately.
That being said, all the above-mentioned cosmetic procedures are quite expensive and do come with certain side effects. For those of us who cannot afford high-priced surgeries, or do not like the concept of getting under the knife for cosmetic procedures, there is another way out - the natural way!
Yes, there are many natural ways that help us stay youthful, adding a radiant complexion. Many of these ingredients are easily available, and you can prepare these remedies in the comfort of your own homes!
And what more? These natural remedies pose no threat of side effects too. Read more about these recipes here!
Remedy 1: Papaya Mask
Papaya is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that aid in promoting a youthful complexion. An enzyme known as the papain, found only in Papaya, helps to eliminate the dead cells from the skin, making it firmer. It can also remove age spots and blemishes.
Ingredient: Ripe papaya
- Cut the papaya into tiny pieces, after peeling off its skin.
- Blend it until it is a smooth paste, using a mixer.
- Apply the paste on to the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water, do not use soap or face wash while rinsing.
Remedy 2: Aloe Vera And Rose Water Serum
Ingredients: Aloe vera and rose water
Both aloe vera and rose water posses excellent anti-ageing qualities. Rose water is rich in antioxidants that keep the skin well-nourished and maintain its elasticity. Aloe vera is a main component in many expensive anti-ageing properties, as it has moisturising properties that help the ageing skin to stay softer.
- Mix some aloe vera gel and a few drops of rose water in a bowl.
- Stir well using a clean finger or a spoon.
- Store this mixture in a clean bottle.
- Add a few drops to your moisturiser and use it on your skin.
- Vitamin E oil can also be added to this mixture for better results.
Remedy 3: Potato Skin Mask
One of the most common vegetables used in our homes, potatoes can also be used as a remedy to keep our complexion looking bright and youthful. Potatoes have skin-firming qualities and can also remove suntan effectively. Potatoes can also reduce fine lines and dark circles around your eyes.
- Slice a potato into thin pieces
- Using a blender, mash it until it turns to a smooth paste to use it as a face mask.
- Apply it on to the face, concentrating on the area around the eyes.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water, avoid using soap or face wash.
- Use it regularly for desired effects.
Remedy 4: Lemon And Green Tea Toner
Ingredients: Lemon and green tea
Skin toners are very essential if you want to look a lot younger than your years. Toners help in reducing the size of the skin pores and tighten the skin effectively, thereby reducing wrinkles and skin sagging.
Green tea is very rich in antioxidants that are beneficial for a youthful complexion, while lemon acts as a natural skin toner.
- Add a few spoons of lemon juice into a cup of green tea water.
- Dip a cotton swab in this solution and and rub it on your face, gently.
- You can also store this solution in a spray bottle and spray it on to your skin often.
- You can repeat this process twice in a day for best results.
Remedy 5: Rice Water Face Wash
Ingredients: Rice grains and water
From times immemorial, many women in China, Japan and other Asian countries have been holding on to a beauty secret - Rice Water! It is a lesser known fact that rice water contains vitamins and minerals that act as age-defying agents and effectively reverse the skin ageing process, giving your complexion a rejuvenated glow.
- Soak some rice in a cup of cold water.
- Let it soak for a while.
- Separate the rice from this mixture and pour just the water into a clean bowl.
- Use this water to rinse your face gently.
Remedy 6: Egg And Orange Juice Mask
Ingredients: Egg white and orange juice
As eggs are an important source of protein, they help in repairing damaged skin cells and reduce the process of skin ageing to a great extent. Orange juice is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Both orange juice and eggs combined boost the collagen production in the skin to keep it looking youthful and healthy. This mixture also gives your skin a natural lift.
- Mix some mashed egg white and 3 tablespoons of orange juice in a bowl.
- Make this mixture into a paste.
- Wash your face with water and apply the paste on to your skin.
- Spread it evenly, apply a second coat if required.
- Leave it on until it is dry.
- Wipe your face with a clean, wet cotton cloth.
- Repeat the process regularly for best results.