- 2 hrs ago On Esha Gupta’s Birthday, A Look At Her Best Beauty Moments From Her Instagram Feed
- 7 hrs ago Happy Birthday Yami Gautam: The Top 5 Stunning Dress Moments Of The Ginny Weds Sunny Actress
- 8 hrs ago Season’s Greetings: Heart-warming Greetings, Messages For Family, Friends and Colleagues
- 11 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 28 November 2020
- Technology Airtel Offering Free 5GB Data To New 4G Users: How To Avail
- Sports Check out Kohli's new batting option!
- Automobiles KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- Finance 5 Lesser Known Facts Of Floating Rate Savings Bonds
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Monal Gajjar Creates Massive Record With The Help Of Abijeet?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In December
- News Guru Nanak Jayanti 2020: Wishes, quotes, WhatsApp and Facebook Status for Gurpurab
- Education UPSEE 2021: AKTU University Scraps Entrance Exam, Admission Through JEE Main
Switch any channel and you are sure to come across fairness cream ads claiming to give you beautiful and fair skin.
Today, the market is replete with chemical creams that promise to enhance your fairness. These creams and masks often contain harmful bleaching agents that can harm skin in the long term.
Pollutants, chemicals, skin tanning and pigmentation affect your brightness. But, what if I told you that getting fair and radiant skin is possible sans any side effects?
The answer to the quest of fair skin lies in the ancient science called Ayurveda. Its genesis lies in the Vedic period when it was developed by the sage Charaka.
Since times immemorial, millions have used it to not only get beautiful glowing skin but also to cure many ailments.
Also Read: Treating Cracked Heels With Ayurveda
There are many ayurvedic home remedies that you can use to get a lustrous skin. Today, we at Boldsky will unearth some hidden secrets for glowing skin given to us by our forefathers.
Here are some of the DIY Ayurvedic remedies to enhance your skin's complexion.
Haldi has great antibacterial properties and is also a natural complexion enhancer. You can also apply Haldi if you are suffering from skin imperfections like acne, uneven skin tone or skin tan.
How To Use Haldi?
Mix haldi with milk to form a smooth paste. Gently apply over the face and neck. You can also use it on your hands and legs for a beautiful complexion throughout. With continued usage, you can feel a natural glow on your skin.
Weddings in the Indian sub-continent have this beautiful ceremony called Haldi, where Haldi is mixed with other ayurvedic herbs. This mixture is then applied to the bride and groom. This 'Ubtan’ is used to give the bride and groom supple and radiant skin before their big day.
Known as Ghritkumari in Ayurveda, this commonly used ayurvedic herb is a boon for your skin. Not only does it help in healing and rejuvenating your skin, but it is also a natural complexion booster.
Ways To Apply Aloe Vera
Make a mixture of aloe vera and cream. Add a pinch of turmeric to it. Apply this pack on your face and neck. Vitamin C present in the gel will ensure fairness and the cream will moisturise your skin effectively.
Kesar Aka Saffron
We Indians have been using Kesar since generations, be it to flavour our food or to beautify ourselves. In the past, queens used it to achieve a beautiful glow. It is so effective that using a few strands of it is sufficient.
Soak a few strands of Kesar overnight. In the morning, mix it with some olive oil or almond oil and milk. Apply this mixture using a cotton pad on your skin. Rinse it after 20 minutes. Using it 2-3 times in a week will give you a glowy and fair skin.
This ayurvedic oil is a mixture of 16 oils. Using it will remove blemishes and tan from your skin, giving you a radiant complexion. Gently coat your face and neck with this oil. Massage your skin with this oil and let it soak in your skin for 20 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
So, why use synthetic products when the secret to fair skin lies in our very own scriptures, right?