- 1 hr ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 2 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 4 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- News West Bengal election: EC bans BJP leader Rahul Sinha from campaigning for 48 hours
- Sports IPL 2021: Sangakkara backs Samson's decision to retain strike for last ball
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M42 5G Price, Teaser Video Surfaces Online; Launch Imminent
- Movies Team Radhe Shyam Celebrates And Wishes ‘Many Festivals, One Love’ With Festive Posters Starring Prabhas
- Finance PPF or NPS: Which Scores As A Better Retirement Investment Option?
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 With Dual-Channel ABS To Be Launched Soon; Prices Set To Increase Again
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Continued From The First Page
What are the Yogic practices to prevent Abdominal hernia?
Yoga practices which contracts the abdominal muscles help in preventing the abdominal hernia. Suryanamaskara, loosening exercise including forward backward bending, straight leg raising (alternate and both), Navasana, Dhanurasana, Sarvangasana, Matsyasana followed by Deep relaxation, Kapalabhati, Sectional breathing, AAA chanting before meditation (total 30 minutes). Immediate post operative period on the 2nd day of surgery start with practices of abdominal breathing with AAA chanting (10 minutes) 4 times a day, after 4 days start straight leg raising (alternative legs only) with breathing (21 repetitions 4 times a day). Head lifting or dorsal stretch also helps in strengthening the abdomen.
In the chronic stage where the Incisional hernia is well set and you wish to avoid surgery or prepare for an effective surgery you need to do the practices very regularly. Dieting and regular walking for weight reduction is an essential prerequisite. If the hernia is big and protruding too much you may have to practice yoga with the supporting corset belt on. After you feel stronger it is better to practice without abdominal support corset.
Avoid fast practices of jogging, forward bending or side bending, Sit-ups, Sputa Vajrasana, start with practices in supine (flat on your back) posture. Alternate straight leg raising (repeat 4 to 5 times/ day), Ardha navasana (head lifting 20x5 times/ day). In Viparitha karani with wall support do deep abdominal breathing (9 rounds). AAA chanting (9 rounds) and Kapalabhati at 40 strokes per minute. Repeat this practice 2 times a day other asanas are Sarvangasana, Matsyasana, Halasana, Padhastasana, Ardhacakrasana, Paschimottanasana, Sasankasana, Shavasana, Pranayamas include sectional breathing, Suryanuloma viloma (if you are overweight and not hypertensive or diabetic), Nadanusandhana.
This should help you to strengthen the abdominal and this will overcome the problem of Incisional hernia or lax abdominal. If there is a narrow hole umbilical hernia with normal abdominal muscles and body weight it may be possible to overcome this through yoga.
Ekapada Sarvangasana :
Eka means one, single. Pada means the foot. In this variation of Sarvangasana, one leg is on the floor in Halasana, while the other is in a vertical position along with the trunk.
Sthithi : Lie flat on the back, legs stretched out, tighten at the knees, hands by the side of the body.
1.Exhale, bend the knees and move the legs towards the stomach till the thighs press it.
2.Raise the hips from the floor with an exhalation and rest the hands on them by bending the arms at the elbows.
3.Raise the trunk up perpendicularly supported by the hands until the chest touches the chin. Shoulders and the back of the arms up to the elbows should rest on the floor. Stretch the legs straight with toes pointing up (Sarvangasana).
4.Keep the left leg up in Sarvangasana. Exhale and move the right leg down to the floor to Halasana. Right leg should be remain stiff and straight and not bend at the knee. Left leg should be kept straight, facing the head.
5.While resting the right leg on the floor, the left knee should bee kept taut and not allowed to tilt sideways. The left leg should be kept straight, facing the head.
This asana tones the kidneys and the leg muscles.