- 32 min ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 1 hr ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 2 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Alia Bhatt Beats Deepika Padukone, Named The Sexiest Asian Woman Of 2019
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Sports Is Rishabh Pant dating Urvashi Rautela? India cricketer goes out with Bollywood actress for late-night dinner in Mumbai
- News CAB Protests: Mobile internet, messaging services withdrawn in Meghalaya
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Cerrar ceyakkitanta til.
A king, who is guided by worthy and true friends,
Need have no fear of harm from his enemies.
K V Jaganathan in his Research edition of Thirukkural has cited two relevant parallels.
“Thaol vali thaangina raayinum"
Amaichar solvazi aatrudhal aatralae" (Kamba “ Mandharai, 15)
The 'Sanron" or the learned and virtuous gentleman of Valluvar"s conception, as we are aware, is distinct from the Philosopher King of Plato and the Noble Prince of Confucius. The latter two ideas are aristocratic and selective, but Valluvar"s Sanron is a fully democratic concept. Birth and back-ground have no place in determining a Sanron; only true learning and righteous conduct have a place in the making of him.
A wise king, according to Thiruvalluvar, will surround himself with such wise and virtuous men, and when he does so, no enemy can do any harm to him at all.
Obviously, it is also important that the king while being receptive to the advice of the wise, virtuous and mature men, will also be discriminating and discerning in arriving at the truth, and making his own decisions, in the final analysis, which obviously is the quality of a good Manager and more important of a good King.