- 7 min ago Remembering Lala Lajpat Rai On His 155th Birth Anniversary: Lesser Known Facts About Him
- 13 min ago The Forgotten Army Actress Sharvari's Latest Fashion Roundup Is A Must For All The Fashionistas
- 31 min ago 10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin
- 32 min ago Grammys 2020 Or Golden Globes 2020, In Which Event Priyanka And Nick's Fashion Was Better?
- Sports PBL Season 5: Awadhe Warriors look for their first home win at Premier Badminton League 2020
- Finance How to Buy and Recharge ICICI FASTag?
- News Sonia had sought written undertaking from Uddhav: Ashok Chavan
- Movies Mahesh Babu’s Sarileru Neekevvaru Entry Scene Is Fan Frenzy At Its Best!
- Technology Amazon Grand Gaming Days Sale: Best Offers On Gaming Laptops
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra, Venu Srinivasan To Receive Padma Bhushan Civilian Award
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Ulakam thalee eya thotpam malardhalum
Koombalum illa tharivu
The wise man loves all the world with a certain constancy,
Unlike the kind of bloom that opens and closes frequently.
In this Kural the word, 'Ulakam' (i.e) world, refers to the wise of the world.
Rajaji would say, “knowledge befriends the world. It fosters a spirit of equanimity, saving one from both excitement and depression."
This kural calls for a certain steadfastness in the wise man"s all-embracing friendship with good people of the world.
“Whose heart is filled to satisfaction by wisdom and self realization, he attains excellence and looks with equal regard on well-wishers, friends, foes and neutrals….." (Bhaghavad Gita, VII, 8,9)