- 59 min ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 1 hr ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 1 hr ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 1 hr ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Says ‘Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare’ Is The Best Script She Has Read In A While
- Technology Apple Likely To Rollout iOS 13.3 This Week: What To Expect
- Sports Wasim Jaffer becomes first Indian to play 150 Ranji matches
- News Unidentified man tried to trespass Parliament, caught by security
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Nallvaam celvam seyarku
In acquiring wealth, sometimes, even good things turn out to be bad,
While some evil actions bring about good results.
It certainly is most intriguing to find that in the pursuit of the good things of life, very often the ostensibly good actions become evil, and the apparently bad ones turn out good. That is probably what Confucius said that 'Riches and honours depend upon heaven". If Providence or Destiny or Fate, does not will it, the good things themselves produce poor or even bad results.
But in the light of Valluvar"s later averments (Kurals 594 & 620), about the power of human effort, it is best to take this Kural as a caution, focusing attention on all the pre-determined inclinations that will go counter to the efforts and the problems that will arise through no fault of the concerned. The idea, I presume, is to call for redoubled effort.