- 51 min ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 2 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 4 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- News COVID-19: 7 deaths at Maharashtra's Nalasopara hospital spark anger; relatives allege lack of oxygen supply
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M42 5G Price, Teaser Video Surfaces Online; Launch Imminent
- Movies Team Radhe Shyam Celebrates And Wishes ‘Many Festivals, One Love’ With Festive Posters Starring Prabhas
- Sports IPL 2021: Zaheer explains how Mumbai Indians will use 'trump card' Bumrah
- Finance PPF or NPS: Which Scores As A Better Retirement Investment Option?
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 With Dual-Channel ABS To Be Launched Soon; Prices Set To Increase Again
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Innaachchcol noarpaarin pin.
Great ascetics do penance without food, but forbearance In the face of insults, is greater penance.
Fasts and penance are, no doubt, great but forbearance in the face of insults is greater still.
This is an amplification of the idea of the previous forbearance,thirukkural. There is a line in Kalithogai which has the same basic idea.
Arivaenappaduvadhu paedhaiyar sol noanral
The following Biblical lines are also relevant in this context.
'He that is slow to anger is better than the
mighty, and he that ruleth his spirit than
he that taketh a city'.