- 6 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 6 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 7 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs RR: Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni doesn't want anyone to say he's unfit
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
When a man knows that kind words bring joy and happiness,
Why should he resort to harsh words?
Nanneri has the following lines that bring out the same idea:
Insolaalinri iruneer viyanulakam
Vansolaa lenrum mahilaadhe.
We have repeatedly realized from personal experience, the marvelous effect of gentle and tender speech from others to us, but when it comes to our own turn, we forget all about it and indulge in hurtful words. This Kural is couched in such an effective manner, as will go straight home.
The bible has an injunction against harsh words thus:
'But whosoever shall say "thou fool".
Shall be in danger of hell fire'
Manimekalai too abjures the use of harsh words of four categories thus:
Poiyeh kuralai kadunchol payanil
Sol yenach sollil thondruva naangum