- 2 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020: Sara Ali Khan’s Gorgeous Outfits Are Perfect For Wedding Season
- 2 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Nithya Menen’s Ethnic Attire Is Perfect For Bestie’s Sangeet
- 2 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Alaya F’s Debut Showstopper Attire Is So Chic
- 3 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Shraddha Kapoor Looks Electrifying In Her Dramatic Dress
- Technology How To Set Up APN Settings On Your Android Device
- Movies Owning It With Her Ramp Debut As Well! Alaya F Sets The Runway On Fire At Lakme Fashion Week
- News AAP ki Sarkar: Meet the 6 ministers of team Kejriwal 3.0
- Sports Messi and Liverpool among the big-name nominees at Laureus World Sports Awards
- Finance Do you have Sufficient Insurance Cover? Use this Guideline to Find Out
- Automobiles New Maruti Ignis BS6 Facelift Launched In India At Rs 4.83 Lakh: Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 25,000
- Travel 10 Family Holiday Destinations To Visit In February In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
In Hinduism, every festival has its own significance and importance. It gives ways to come together as a family and celebrate the day joyfully. Meanwhile, when festivals like Raksha Bandhan and Varalakshmi Vratam has ended with memories in the previous week, there are several other great occasions waiting to be celebrated yet. Balaram Jayanti Vrat, also known as Halachhath or Har Chhath is one among them.
Balaram Jayanti Vrat comes 6 days after Shravan Purnima, or say 6 days after Raksha Bandhan. After Purnima, the Krishna Paksha begins and so, it is observed on the 6th day of Shashti marked by the waning moon. This day is important as per the Hindu calendar because on this day Lord Balaram was born, who is also an elder brother of Lord Krishna. To mention, Balaram was an incarnation of Sheshanaga (the serpent) who was born in Dwaparyuga just days before Lord Krishna, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Date Of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
This year, Balaram Jayanti Vrat will be celebrated on 21st August. The festival is known by many names in different parts of India. For example, in Gujarat, it is called Randhan Chhath, in Rajasthan as Chandra Sashti, and in Braj region as Baladev Chhath.
Time Of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
As the day falls on the Shashti tithi or the sixth day of Krishna Paksha, the timings are as follows:
|Name||Beginning Time||End Time||Date|
|Shashthi Tithi||5:30 AM||21 August|
|Shashthi Tithi||7:06 AM||22 August|
Significance Of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
Lord Balaram, is a deity of Hala, or say plough. He is known by names such as the god of agriculture, Baladeva, Haladhara, Balabhadra, and Halayudha. The deity has a strong connection with farming and so, devotees worship the farming equipment on this day to get his blessing for a bountiful harvest.
Women on this day keep a nirjala vrat (fast without water) for the well-being and longevity of their kids and to be blessed with a child if they don't have one. The puja is done in the evening near the lake and 7 types of grains are offered to the deity.