- 5 min ago 7 Obvious Signs You Are Being Manipulated In Friendship
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 24 February 2020
- 24 hrs ago 8 Harsh Truths About Friendship That You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 23 Feb To 29 Feb
- Technology How To Shut Down Windows 10 Via Command Prompt
- Sports New Zealand vs India, 1st Test, Highlights: Southee claims five-for as New Zealand crush India in Test opener
- Movies Mafia Box Office 3 Days Collections: The Arun Vijay Starrer Is Going Strong!
- News Namaste Trump LIVE: Delhi on state of very high alert
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
There is a lot of significance attached to the month of Shravan, as it is a holy and auspicious period in the Hindu calendar. It is the sacred month when you worship Lord Shiva. Most of the Lord Shiva devotees visit his temples and fast on every Monday that falls during this month.
Shravan is the one month when you worship Lord Shiva day and night! Most of the havans and pujas are performed during this one month to impress Lord Shiva. Women too worship Lord Shiva by fasting every Monday of the Shravan month and offering milk to the Shiva idol (ideally Shiva Linga). Also known as Shravan Somwar Vrat, it is observed by single women to get a husband like Lord Shiva.
Shravan is very significant in Hinduism. The 'Samudra Manthan' happened during this month. While churning the great ocean gave amazing gifts like Goddess Lakshmi and a pot of 'Amrit' or elixir, but it also fumed the terrible poison called 'Halahal'. Lord Shiva came forward and swallowed this poison to stop it from infecting the Universe. That is why, this month is totally dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Shravan is an auspicious month for weddings. It is believed that a girl who gets married at the peak of Monsoon will be blessed with many healthy children.
If you want to worship Lord Shiva during the month of Shravan, then here are the things you must do during this holy month of Lord Shiva.
You can fast on Mondays and impress Lord Shiva. Offer milk, sugar and rice on the Shiva linga every morning.
Recite Shiva Mantra:
Om vande dev uma pati surguru vande jagatkaaranam l
Vande pannagbhooshan mrugdhar vande pashoona pathim ll
Vande surya shashank vahni nayan vande mukundpriyam l
Vande bhakt jana-ashraya ch varadam vande Shiv-Shankaram ll
You can also recite Shiva Chalisa every morning after taking bath.
Offer Bhibhuti, Panchamrut:
Offering milk, bhibhuti, bel leaves, honey or sugar are good things to do during Shravan.
There are many benefits of wearing these beads. You can either wear it or use it to do the japs.
These are few things to do during the holy month of Shravan.