- 1 hr ago Meditation: 14 Practical Tips That Help You To Meditate Effectively
- 1 hr ago Maternity Clothing Tips: How To Buy Nursing Bras For Breastfeeding; Maternity Bra Vs Nursing Bra
- 2 hrs ago Parenting Tips On How To Teach Your Toddler To Share
- 3 hrs ago Shani Asta 2023 :Saturn Combust In Aquarius On 30 January 2023 Effects And Remedies On Zodiac Signs
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Choudhary's Friend Rashmeet Slams Shiv Thakare, Says 'He Is Actually Louder...'
- News Mulayam Singh Yadav, Zakir Hussain, SM Krishna to be awarded Padma Vibhushan
- Sports 'Doubles can't be the easy way out for Indian tennis,' says Gaurav Natekar
- Finance SBI Debit Card EMI- Check Eligibility, Interest and Application Process
- Education 21 largest Unnamed Islands of Andaman & Nicobar Islands to be Named after 21 Param Vir Chakra Awardees
- Technology Realme 9 4G vs Realme 9i 5G: Specs, Pricing Compared
- Automobiles 2023 Hyundai Aura SXO Top Variant – Check Out All Details
- Travel Top 5 Spellbinding Infinity Pools in Karnataka
We have heard that Physical exercises require a strict diet regimen, before and after workout foods, to assist us achieve the optimum weight and fitness that we desire. Meditation is a mental exercise which also has specific dietary restrictions, which if followed, enhance the quality of our meditation sessions.
Your brain is the only muscle that needs to work here, but it requires a conducive situation to practice meditation. Eat more fresh fruits and green vegetables: Include high fiber foods in your diet
See that you are well hydrated for the entire day. Have two liters of water daily. Skip carbonated beverages and replace them with fruit juices. Full stomach makes it exceedingly difficult to focus on the desired object mentally.
What to Eat Before Meditation
1. Sattvic diet is highly conducive for meditation practice. You must wait for two and a half hours to begin your meditation if you have just then consumed a heavy meal. Consuming heavy meals will make your effort sluggish. Orange juice and ground nuts can be had before your start the meditation if you are feeling very hungry before the practice or consider eating an apple with a green smoothie or a protein shake.
2. In case you consume very light food, you must wait for an hour or so before you begin your practice. It is ideal to practice meditation on an empty stomach which should not be fully empty which means you can have a cup of juice and begin the meditation. After you complete the routine, wait for 20-30 minutes and consume a light snack.
What to Avoid Before Meditation:
1. Coffee: Caffeine can give you a temporary elation, and energy, but it releases adrenaline that keeps your thoughts scattered and not focused in place. It also makes your mind jittery,
2. Avoid taking heavy meat-based foods as meat and meditation cannot make an appetizing combination.
3. Sugary foods are known to impair your cognitive abilities. Avoid foods including snacks, cakes, cookies, that are bad for your brain. Avoid pastries or other sweets before meditation as these can cloud your brain and make you crave for more sweets and hence interrupt your meditation practice and focus.
- diet fitnessNew Year 2023: Ways To Refresh Your 2023 Diet And Fitness Resolutions
- diet fitnessWeight Gain After Weight Loss? Increased Protein Intake May Help Prevent It
- diet fitnessAnanya Panday Fitness Routine: 5 Tips From The Gehraiyaan Star
- diet fitnessDASH Diet For Heart Disease: It Could Reduce The Risk By 10%, Study
- diet fitness7 Reasons Why You Have Excessive Belly Fat!
- diabetesAnimal Vs. Plant-Based: Which Low-Carb Diet Is Good For Diabetics? Study
- diet fitnessIntermittent Fasting May Lead To Eating Disorders: Here's How
- nutritionFour Benefits Of Adding Millet To Your Kids' Diet
- diet fitnessKareena Kapoor Khan's Fitness Mantra: Its A Mix Of Vacays, Training Tools And More
- nutritionFive Leafy Vegetables That Are A Must Add To Your Diet, Esp If You Are Over 30
- diabetesWorld Diabetes Day 2022: Expert Article On Best Diet To Overcome Diabetes
- diet fitnessSayani Gupta Fitness Mantra: It's Uncomplicated And Versatile