- Sports My father always used to tell me you should remain not out in the game, this one's for him: Mandeep Singh
- Movies Manju Warrier Teams Up With Dhyan Sreenivasan & Aju Varghese For Her 50th Film
- News Item jibe: EC advises Kamal Nath not to use such words in campaigning
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
A Thursday is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Brihaspati Dev, the Guru of gods is also worshipped on this day. Brihaspati Dev is said to be just another form of Lord Vishnu. We should worship Goddess Lakshmi as well on a Thursday as she is the wife of Lord Vishnu. A Thursday fast is observed to please Lord Vishnu and Brihaspati Dev.
Astrology says there are some things which should not be done on a Thursday. Since the planet Jupiter is also associated with Lord Brihaspati, it is said that doing certain things displeases Brihaspati Dev. As a result, educational and spiritual progress is hampered. Here is the list. Take a look.
Cutting Nails On A Thursday
It is said that we should not cut nails on a Thursday. Similarly, shaving should also not be done on a Thursday. Besides these, we should also not cut our hair on a Thursday. Doing this weakens the positive impacts of the planet and it is said that it reduces one's life if he does any of these on a Thursday.
Hair Wash On A Thursday
It is said that we should also not wash our hair on a Thursday. Jupiter in the horoscope of a woman is associated with husband. When a woman washes her hair on a Thursday, it affects the prosperity of her husband negatively. That is why women are told not to get a haircut also on a Thursday.
Washing clothes on a Thursday is also not considered good. Mopping the floor on a Thursday is also not considered good. Doing these also hampers the academic progress of children in the house. It is also not considered good for progress in terms of wealth and financial condition of a person.
Cleaning The Cobwebs
It is considered necessary to clean the house every day, as per Hindu scriptures. It is believed that Goddess Lakshmi does not come to your house, if there is no cleanliness. Moreover, we should never let cobwebs to be formed anywhere in the house. However, if the spiders have made some cobwebs, these should not be removed on a Thursday. Hence, cleaning of the corners and removal of cobwebs should be done the previous day, if it is so needed.