- 26 min ago Bhumi Pednekar And Dia Mirza Make Us Want To Buy Summer Dresses In Winters
- 33 min ago Cytotron: Anti-Cancer Device Invented By Indian Scientist, Becomes A 'Breakthrough Device' In US
- 44 min ago Syphilis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
- 1 hr ago Lady Gaga In Bold And Vivid Make-up Look Sets The Instagram On Fire
- Sports Hong Kong Open: Sindhu, Prannoy advance to second round
- Movies Panipat Song 'Mard Maratha': This Arjun Kapoor-Kriti Sanon Song Depicts Maratha Glory & Legacy
- News Sabarimala review verdict LIVE: SC judgment on Thursday
- Technology Apple AirPods Pro Now Available For Rs. 24,900 In India; Should You Buy?
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Buyers Are Offered Free Fast Charging For A Limited Period In India
- Finance Inflation May Have Risen On High Food Prices, Hurting Economy Further
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
In a first, the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) will include women drivers in its staff. The refreshing move comes for the first time in 50 years. In the recruitment process for the post of driver-cum-conductor around 150 women have been selected. Not just that, they will be properly trained before they take charge as women drivers at MSRTC. .
The MSRTC officials stated that 150 women have successfully passed the process of documenting the files and have been selected for the job. The recruitment process started earlier this year for 8,022 posts of driver-cum-conductors from across the state. For the post around 35,400 candidates had applied, out of which 30,068 including 742 women cleared the written test.
The concessions given by MSRTC in the eligibility criteria for females, have encouraged the women aspirants to step forward and apply for this position. But, for men to be eligible the set of rules are different. It is essential for them to have a heavy vehicle driving licence along with one year's experience of driving heavy vehicles without any accident during that period.
Also, male candidates will have to undergo a 100 marks driving test after they have met the physical and other criteria. After the driving results are given out, final merit list will be based on the marks scored by candidates in written and driving test.
In the case of women, after they have cleared the written test, only the height and documents will be checked after which, the selected women candidates will then be sent for a year-long heavy vehicle driving training.