- 6 hrs ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 7 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 7 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- 7 hrs ago 7 Times Ranveer Singh Broke Gender Stereotypes In Fashion
- News Janmashtami 2022: British PM hopeful Rishi Sunak visits Krishna temple with wife
- Sports Maharaja T20 Trophy: Mysuru Warriors win a thriller against Hubli Tigers
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
- Technology Janet Jackson’s Hit Song Could Destroy Laptops, Reveals Microsoft Engineer
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Cement Stock For Target Price Of Rs 3020, Reported Strong Quarter
- Education CGPSC SO, CMO 2022 Exam Date Announced; Check Schedule Here
- Movies Exclusive! Rashi Singh Talks About Nepotism, Casting Couch In Tollywood, Dream Role, Upcoming Projects & More
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
Emotional intelligence (EI) is important for thinking, feeling, decision making, learning and problem-solving. According to a study published in the journal Behavioral Sciences, EI is the capacity to recognise and understand emotions and also use them positively in communication, empathy, problem-solving and conflict management. 
In some individuals, emotional intelligence is an inborn trait, while in many, it is learned and strengthened. No matter what the case is, people with high EI are always preferred, be it at work or in a relationship.
People who seek long-term relationships are highly picky when it comes to their partners. They prefer dating those who are emotionally intelligent; someone who understands us on a deeper level and is responsible enough to hold down a job, be responsible for children and maintain the relationship.
Here are a few reasons why emotionally intelligent partners are the best.
1. Practice Mindful Living
Mindful living means having full control over our words, thoughts and actions to ensure a happy life. Emotionally intelligent people live their lives as if every day brings new blessings and lessons to be learned. They do not have the mindset to just make it through the hard days, but live them completely and make every second count.
2. Have Excellent Communication Skills
A study talks about the relationship between EI and the effectiveness of communication.  It says that emotionally intelligent people are great when it comes to communication. They value diversity which is why they know how to communicate better in a relationship and solve problems.
3. Active Listeners
People with EI are also active listeners. They have the ears, and of course, the interest to listen to their partner and understand their needs. They never ignore the words of their partner intentionally and hear them out all the time.
4. Do Not Quit
Emotionally intelligent people are goal-oriented and do not have the ability to "quit" until they achieve their objective. They won't give up easily when facing obstacles and try to tackle them effectively.
5. Know When To Say No
People with EI are tenacious and tough. They are aware of their ability to refuse requests when they do not want them or have objections. They are also empathetic toward others as much as toward themselves.
6. Understand Boundaries
A relationship lives long when there are certain boundaries. Emotionally intelligent people know what the boundaries are and how not to cross them to prevent conflict. They also have the capability to recognise and respect boundaries.
7. Know When To Compromise
Being aware of the ups and downs in a relationship is important. People with EI are aware of their will and, if required, how to compromise them a bit to find harmony. These people are most likely to resolve fights before they get massive.
8. They Are Loyal
People with emotional intelligence never start a relationship they don't plan to stay in. They consider relationships as commitments and stay loyal to their partners. They are also respectful towards their partners.
9. Don't Make False Promises
Emotionally intelligent people always stand by their words and never make promises that they cannot fulfil. They understand what promises mean in relationships and try to keep them.
- relationship7 Signs That Show Your Partner May Be Using You In A Relationship
- relationshipQualities In Men Who Know How To Handle Relationships Well
- zodiac signsExpert Article: What Kind Of Sibling Are You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign?
- pulseRaksha Bandhan 2022: Best Gift Ideas For Your Brothers And Sisters
- relationshipNational Sisters Day 2022: Know The Date, History And Significance
- relationshipNational Parents' Day 2022: Date, Significance And Why It Is Celebrated
- relationshipNational Cousins Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Cousins
- beyond loveWhat Are The Signs Of A Loyal Relationship?
- lifeFriendship Video Goes Viral: Swiggy Delivery Guy Lends Helping Hand To Zomato, Wins Hearts On Internet
- marriage and beyondYoungest Mayor Of India, Arya Rajendran To Marry The Youngest MLA Of Kerala, KM Sachin Dev, In September
- beyond loveWhy Is Being Alone Sometimes Better Than Being In A Bad Relationship?
- parents and childrenSingle Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family