- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 September 2019
- 14 hrs ago Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- 14 hrs ago Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- 14 hrs ago World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- News Nagaland State Lotteries Result: Win Rs 50 lakh, check Parrot Evening result
- Technology Vivo Triple Rear Camera Smartphones To Buy In India
- Sports Red Bull Salzburg 6-2 Genk: Haaland scores stunning first-half hat-trick
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- Automobiles Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The following toddler swimming safety tips help you take better care during a swimming session.
8 Essential Toddler Swimming Safety Tips -
1.Supervising your toddler at all times is essential. Even if there is a trainer, make sure that you sit through the swimming lessons. When you are supervising do not distract yourself by reading, talking over phone or interacting with others.
2.Even though you might be taking the help of a trainer to teach the child, it is always better if you take up a infant/child CPR course, before you put your child in swimming classes.
3.Make sure that the water temperature is right, warm enough for the toddler to feel comfortable. Also, do not expose the toddler to extreme sunlight. Let the water level in the pool be full, so that the child may be able to reach the edge with ease.
4.The pool has to be equipped with essential safety equipment like a life jacket. It is also advised to keep a phone within reach in case of any emergencies. This is one of the most essential toddler swimming safety tip.
5.The swimming gear must be of top-quality. Using ear-protection plugs, swim goggles, swim nappies and nappy covers is a must.
6.Thoroughly check the pool drains before you get into water. If they are old, get them replaced. Nowadays, automatic pump shut-off systems, anti-entrapment devices and safety vacuum release systems are available, install them in your pool.
7.If you are training your child in a swimming pool, then make sure that the water is rightly chlorinated. If you are opting for a natural pool, then ensure that it is not too deep and it is not polluted.
8.If you are training your toddler in your house, make sure that there is a fence with a gate around the pool. If you are using plastic wading pool, drain it well after use and keep it in an upright position.
Follow these parenting tips and teach your 2 or 3 year old about pool safety. It is definitely very beneficial. By adopting the above toddler swimming safety tips, you can make the swimming lessons fun. Swimming should benefit your toddler – not be a hazard to him.