- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 12 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 13 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- News Explained: What is the Mounted Unit and why it made its comeback in Mumbai
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2 Launched At Rs. 599 In India
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Sports Manchester United 0-2 Burnley: Solskjaer's men dreadful in embarrassing defeat
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Pregnancy is a stage that demands a lot of care and attention. The first trimester of pregnancy is very crucial because the foetus is not fully developed, and, therefore, it is necessary to be careful about the foods you consume.
The foods that you consume has an effect on the development of the baby. There are tons of medications and supplements available these days, but they may contain certain side effects, which can be dangerous if consumed in excess. Hence, it is always better to stick to natural herbal remedies instead, as they are considered to be safe during pregnancy.
Herbs are better, cheaper and healthier when compared to any other medication. They exist in various forms such as powders, supplements, capsules, tea and infusions. They support optimal pregnancy health. The vitamins and minerals present in herbs ease many symptoms and discomforts that occur during pregnancy like stress, nausea and muscle cramps.
However, though herbs are natural, not all herbs may be safe to take during pregnancy. It is advised that pregnant women must consult their health care provider first before taking any of the herbal-based products.
In this article, we at Boldsky are listing out some of the herbs that are safe to consume during pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
Ginger: Ginger tops the list of herbs to be consumed by pregnant women. Nausea is a common symptom of pregnancy, and ginger has nausea-quelling benefits. Ginger can be chewed on easily or can be consumed in the form of ginger tea.
Peppermint: The refreshing property of peppermint has myriad benefits during pregnancy. It treats nausea and acts as a stomach soother. Apart from that, it is also effective in relieving gas and abdominal pressure. It reduces heart burn and cleanses the body as well.
Nettle Leaf:Nettle leaf, also known as stinging nettle, is a good source of vitamins A, D, C and K. It is packed with calcium, potassium and iron. It effectively relieves low iron-related fatigue, exhaustion and digestive discomfort. It is also known to lessen the haemorrhoids, reduce labour pain and increase the milk production.
Chamomile: We all know chamomile as a throat soother, but it is also one of the best herbs pregnant women should consume, for it has calming properties and helps in diminishing stress, insomnia and relieves constipation.
Raspberry Leaf:Due to its high vitamin and mineral content, red raspberry leaves have numerous health benefits. It tones the uterus, reduces haemorrhaging, increases milk production and eases the labour pain. It is better to consume raspberry leaves during the first trimester.