- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 10 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 10 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Backache during pregnancy is one of the most common problems faced by women at some point or the other. The reason becasue of which this problem is developed is the growing of the uterus and the hormonal changes in the body.
As the uterus expands, it leads to the shifting of the centre of gravity, stretching the abdominal muscles and weakening them. This, in turn, changes your body posture ultimately putting a lot of strain on your back.
Hormonal changes in the body lead to loosening of the joints and ligaments that attach the pelvic bones to the spines, thus making you feel lesser stable and causing an increased pain during movement.
However, there are steps to avoid pregnancy back pain, which if taken on time can help reduce the backache.
By following these steps, one can make their pregnancy duration (specially during the fifth and seventh month) a bit more comfortable rather than staying in constant misery for the whole 9 months.
Here are some steps to avoid pregnancy back pain and also to build-up a stronger back even without medication.
1. Belly support band
The biggest cause of backache during pregnancy is the increasing weight of the baby and here comes the role of a belly support band, which provides support to the growing belly. This improves the posture of the body and reduces back pain during pregnancy.
2. Sleep support
Pregnancy is the time when women feel very uncomfortable during their sleep, especially during the latter months. By using a supporting wedge beneath your abdomen, you can reduce the stress in your back muscles, and hence, this helps you in relieving the pain in your back.
Meditation has shown to relax the brain and release the stress hormones, which in turn reduces the stress levels of the body. It increases the tolerance level and strengthens the psyche to bear the pain. Meditation can be performed at any point of time as per your convenience, and it is very easy to do this. It will calm your nerves and help you in keeping your cool.
Swimming is considered as a best exercise for pregnant women. It relaxes the muscles and also strengthens your back. As you are weightless in water, it is safe to perform the full body functions relaxing your entire body and soothing all the pain.
5. Wearing the right pair of shoes
Wearing a right pair of footwear is very vital for the comfort of your spine. High heels will do you no good. SHence, do avoid wearing them if you want a pain-free back. High heels create a lot of pressure on your lower back and during pregnancy the back is already too stiff, the added pressure can only cause you more pain.
6. Pre-natal Yoga
Pre-natal yoga is another great way to relieve you from your back pain. It will help the body to relax and help you to have a better sleep. Apart from the back, it also helps in comforting your joints, muscles and the aching nerves.
7. Good posture
Finally, practicing a good posture is very important to keep your spine healthy and strong. Therefore, maintain a good posture always to avoid back pain.