- 3 hrs ago Immunity Magnifying Smoothie Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home
- 3 hrs ago 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
- 3 hrs ago Bilateral Inguinal Hernia In Newborns: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- 4 hrs ago Your White Dress Edit Ft. Urvashi Dholakia And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Sports IPL 2021: Venkatesh Prasad slams ICC, Harsha Bhogle wants 'Mankading' mandatory as Bravo takes undue advantage
- News Lockdown should be last resort, focus on micro-containment zones: PM Modi tells states
- Movies Radhika Madan Celebrates Ashtami With Family After A Long Time
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Automobiles New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
Eggs are a pack of nutrients which make them count as a superfood. Eggs have essential nutrients in the form of protein, fats, minerals which make it healthy. During pregnancy, there are certain healthy foods that you must include in your diet. Due to its nutritional benefits, eggs is one of the foods that you must have in your pregnancy diet. In this article, Boldsky shares with you various benefits of eating eggs during pregnancy.
Eggs are rich in selenium, zinc, Vitamins like A, D and some B complex which are required during pregnancy. Thus, eating eggs during pregnancy can have certain benefits on the health of a woman. However, you need to be very careful in picking up eggs. To ensure healthy and safe eggs, always check sell-by-date on the carton before buying. Always store the eggs in the fridge. Instead of keeping them in the egg shelf, prefer leaving them in the carton itself so as to avoid temperature fluctuations.
When you break an egg, see that it does not give a foul smell. A healthy egg will not have any foul smell. Make sure the egg white is gel-like, opaque and not watery. Even the egg yolk is firm and not runny. Boiled as well as cooked eggs once peeled should be consumed within two hours. Hard boiled eggs which are not peeled can be stored for about a week. Never consume raw or partially cooked eggs as it poses the risk of salmonella infection which can even be transferred to the baby.
Apart from these safety measures, you must also restrict to just 2 eggs during pregnancy. Moreover, avoid having egg yolks as they are very rich in cholesterol which is not good for the health. However, some researchers say that although eggs are rich in cholesterol, they are low in saturated fats which makes them healthy. But, it is safe to consult your doctor before including eggs in your diet.
Here are some of the health benefits of eating eggs during pregnancy.
Benefits Of Eating Eggs During Pregnancy:
Eggs are rich in proteins which are essential during pregnancy. Every cell of the growing baby is made of protein, so having eggs in limited amounts during pregnancy is good for the foetus.
Apart from being a package of 12 vitamins and minerals, eggs contain choline and Omega-3 fatty acids which develops baby's overall growth and brain health. This prevents neural tube defects in the foetus.
Women with normal blood cholesterol levels can have an egg or two every day to have a balanced diet low in saturated fats. If your cholesterol levels are high, avoid egg yolk.
Pregnant women should eat between 200 and 300 additional calories every day to nourish their body and the baby as well. Eggs contain around 70 calories which is healthy for meeting the daily requirement.
How To Eat
Never consume raw or half-boiled eggs in your pregnancy diet. They can increase the risk of salmonella infection. The infection can lead to premature labour, uterine contractions, dehydration, diarrhoea and vomiting. Prefer hard boiled or cooked eggs.
If you suffer from diarrhoea, vomiting or food poisoning, consult your doctor immediately. For some pregnant women, digestive system becomes weak and breaking down egg particles can bring these problems.