- 4 hrs ago Types Of Monsoon Diseases And Ways To Prevent Them
- 6 hrs ago How To Remove Nipple Hair Permanently At Home Using Natural Methods
- 7 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2020: Here’s The Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- 7 hrs ago Remembering Saroj Khan As The Legendary Choreographer Who Wore Vibrant Salwar Suits
- Movies Aamir Khan’s Daughter Ira Khan Begins Adulting; Moves Into New House
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Finance RIL Only Indian Entity In Top 100 Global Companies To Thrive Amid The Pandemic
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The benefits of milk for everyone is indisputable. Except for those with lactose intolerance, milk is beneficial for almost everyone. Milk contains a lot of nutrients which is essential for growth and development. It is for this reason that our elders advice us to drink at least one glass of milk in a day.
Coming to the point of the benefits of drinking milk during pregnancy, milk is a rich source of nutrients for pregnant women. Milk is an ideal source of calcium, proteins and vitamins which is extremely essential for pregnant women. Research has found that expectant mothers who drank one cup or no milk in a day gave birth to smaller babies as compared to mothers who drank sufficient quantity of milk. A pregnant woman is ideally advised to consume at least three cups or milk or dairy products in a day.
Non fat or skimmed milk is a better and healthier option for pregnant women than whole cream milk which contains high amount of fat. Let us take a look at the benefits of drinking milk during pregnancy.
Your body, during the time of pregnancy, needs sufficient amount of calcium. Milk is the best source for the same. If there is a calcium deficiency in your body during this time, you will lose calcium from your bones to meet your baby's need for it. So, it is advisable to drink three cups of milk per day during pregnancy.
Low protein in your body will lead to decreased birth weight for your baby. Protein is very important for your body during pregnancy. It helps in building the uterus, blood supply, nourishes the breasts and baby tissues. Drinking low fat milk everyday will meet more than one-third of your protein needs during pregnancy.
Milk is an important source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential to prevent neonatal rickets and low birth weight. Drinking milk will meet your vitamin D requirements by about 59%.
Milk is a wonderful antacid. Heartburn is a common condition during pregnancy. Drinking cold milk helps to relieve heartburn and other gastric problems.
Milk helps to keep you hydrated. Keeping yourself hydrated during pregnancy is very important for you as well as your baby. It makes up for all the fluid loss in your body.