- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Iran vs USA: USA to the knockouts after 1-0 win
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 November 29 Highlights: Nimrit And Archana Get Into Huge Fight; Golden Boys Enter The House
- News India's maternal mortality ratio drops to 97 in 2018-2020 from 130
- Finance How to Transfer Money Through NEFT Online?
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
- Education MHT CET 5 Year Counselling 2022 Merit List OUT At cetcell.mahacet.org, Get Details Here
- Technology Xiaomi 13 Claimed To Offer More Battery Life Than iPhone 14 Pro Max: What About The Performance?
- Automobiles 15 Year Old Vehicles To Be Scrapped – Gadkari Sends Directive To All State Governments
Teething of an infant starts quite early, usually from the fourth month onwards. But, it is not necessary that the teething process would remain the same for every child. This can depend on a lot of factors such as the amount of calcium that the baby takes.
Your child will experience various symptoms each time a tooth erupts. One of the main symptoms of teething is the loss of appetite.
Do babies lose weight when they start teething? This is a question that most parents are concerned about. This is a normal routine. As and when the teeth erupt, the child loses the appetite. This leads to a loss of weight. The main reason for the loss of appetite is the discomfort or the pain that the child experiences during teething.
The inflammation of the gums and its soreness due to teething can all add to the discomfort. The pressure of the teeth pushing against the gum will hurt the baby. It may result in loss of appetite. The pain and the discomfort will usually start four days prior to the tooth coming out and will continue for 3 more days.
WAYS TO STOP BABY FROM DROOLING
So, do babies lose weight while teething? The following are a few ways to know if your baby is losing weight while teething.
During the teething process, there is no doubt that the child will be irritated. Because of the pain, they will not be able to eat or drink. This will lead to dehydration. Try to give fluids to them as much as you can. This will help to keep them hydrated.
In extreme conditions of dehydration, one of the best options is the pediatric electrolyte replacement solutions. This will help in hydrating the child as it will increase the sodium level.
Oral pain relievers such as acetaminophen can help in controlling the pain. This is one of the ways to deal with painful teething of your baby. The dosage for the child should be determined only after consulting a doctor.
High Calorie Drinks
This is one of the best methods to deal with the child who is refusing to eat due to teething. Your child will not be able to explain itself. Hence, you will need that extra patience to deal with a sick child. When your child is feeling a little better, you can try some high calorie drinks or meals in small quantities so that the child doesn’t go hungry.
Cold yogurt or fruits will also help with the teething discomfort. Keep the food in the refrigerator before you give it to the baby. The child will enjoy the soothing cold foods.
Consider those little gums and give them soft foods that are easily chewable. You can give a rubber teething ring or a wash cloth for them to bite before giving food, which can help them get relief from the pain and discomfort.
If you are worried about weight loss of your baby during teething, try these ideas.
- babyAmazon Great Indian Sale On Baby Products: Car Seats, Carriers And Other Baby Travel Essentials
- babyWays To Keep Your Baby Cool This Summer
- babyHow To Deal With Stress When You Have A Newborn?
- baby7 Mistakes That New Parents Must Never Make
- babyHow Often Should I Bathe My Newborn Baby?
- babyExcellent Tricks To Sterilise Baby Bottles
- postnatalTips For Mothers To Cope With Tiredness After Baby
- postnatalExcellent Tips For Changing Nappies
- babyWhy Babies Should Sleep In Their Own Bed
- babyBlood In Baby's Stool: Know The Reasons
- babyMust-Have Items In Baby Medicine Kit
- babyBaby Products You Don't Need