- News 620 km human chain formed demanding withdrawal of new citizenship law
- Technology 5 Apps To Buy Medicines Right From Your Smartphone
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: How the Lakers legend became an all-time great
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Although herbs are natural, not all herbs are prescribed for pregnant women as some herbs may contain substances that can cause miscarriage, premature birth or injury to the fetus. It is recommended to consult a herbalist before taking any herb at this stage.
Natural herbs during pregnancy has a nutritional advantage as they consist of natural minerals. There are herbs which provide relief from nausea, cures morning sickness, prepares uterus for delivery and aids digestion to avoid constipation problems and anal pressure.
Lets have a look at the types of herb which can be beneficial for health during pregnancy:
Alfalfa: It is a rich source of nutrients such as calcium, iron, carotenes and vitamin C. if consumed as a herbal tea, it helps provide natural source of minerals and vitamins. Alfalfa has high vitamin K which is known as a blood clotting nutrient reduces the risk of postpartum hemorrhage.
Raspberry: This type of herb is highly consumed among pregnant women as it tones and nourishes the uterine muscles by helping the uterus contract more efficiently during delivery. Red raspberry is rich in vitamin B and minerals like calcium and iron. This also increases milk flow during lactation.
Ginger: It is a digestive aid and during pregnancy ginger prevents nausea, cures morning sickness and stomach problems. But consult a herbalist before taking ginger.
Peppermint: It can be used to help digestion, soothe the stomach and overcome nausea. After the first trimester this type of herb can be consumed as it also acts as an body strengthener and cleanser.
Nettles: Vitamin K in nettles prevent excessive bleeding. Nettles also improves kidney functioning and helps prevent hemorrhoids.
Wild Yam: It provides relief from pregnancy pain, nausea, cramps and lessons the chances of miscarriage in earlier months of pregnancy.
Yellow Dock: It prevents the infant from jaundice, a common ailment among newborns. It is also aids in iron assimilation.
These types of herbs during pregnancy are recommended but excessive consumption of it can cause health problems so it is advisable to consult a herbalist before planning to opt for herbal remedies during pregnancy. There are few natural herbs which are to be avoided during pregnancy so pay more attention during this sensitive stage.